Fabia MK1 VRS stupid tinny heatshield behind exhaust :)

Honestly, mounting points on the tin have corroded through, one bit was dragging underneath the car probably creating a nice firework show from the rear.  I tried to pull it off completely coz the whole thing just moves around, knocks, makes noises when im driving.  can't seem to get it off easily as its tucked behind the exhaust system and curved to flow around it.  Do I need to remove whole exhaust system to get this stupid thing off.  Thanks guys.  Again another stupid problem which i'm fed up with.  Thanks :)

I removed my rearmost shield. I managed to get it off without removing the exhaust but I had to mangle it somewhat. It used to vibrate and rattle so I got fed up with it and threw it away :D I wouldn't get rid of the ones any further forward though as catalysts run at mad temps.

Edited by TMB

I think that I bit the bullet and spent a bit of time making quite a few "repair washers" to have ready for the next time, beans tins for me too!