Windscreen Washers

Hi all have a MK3 Fabia 1.0 TSI 110 bhp 2019, front and rear washers been working fine but since a very cold night a few days ago they don't work,  running around 80% screen wash  which suggests won't freeze until  around  -12c,, coldest temp recorded -6c at night, have  checked fuses still intact but confusing in handbook as there are 2 fuses used depending on model.....number 31 or number 22, the 31 fuse location also supplies fuel pump cruise control and said washers, cars without active cruise control use number 22 fuse which is also intact but our model has active cruise control so is number 31 in handbook,  cannot quite see where water tank for washers are but have used the car for 2 days now and still no washers working, no sound from pump and no water leaking, wanted to test wiring but cannot see where the pump is located must be under plastic covers but car is still under warranty and not sure if messing with this will cause an issue but dealers are not doing any work at the moment so was wondering if anyone else has had this problem on the MK3 Fabia

Do your wipers still work? If so, check the fuse box directly below the steering wheel. Remove the plastic trim/cover and the top right corner you will find a single fuse on its own. It’ll be a 7.5 or 10 amp fuse. Remove this fuse and you’ll find it’s more than likely blown. Replace with new and test. No issues with replacing the fuse regarding warranty. 

Thanks for replies but checked all fuses linked with washers front/rear and changed them but were not blown, using VW recommended  screen wash now at 100% so covers down to minus 15c  but today got fed up of trying to keep screen clear so bit the bullet and started step by step checking myself as dealers did not want to know and said would be around £180- £250 to fix in around 2-3 weeks time due to covid problems !!! time i understand but £250 to fix a washers pump that's taking the ****

After a bit of testing with meter i found that the fuse connection for washers at the rear of the fuse box was hanging off it looked like it had never been pushed right into the fuse box from new and must have been making contact until the other day just happened to loose connection at that time strange but it does happen, i had to move fuse box down and then push the one side of the connection back  into the box, i tried pulling it back out but it's solid and i then pushed the fuse in and it did not move then i tried the washers and hey pesto they  stated working again total cost of repair one set of cold hands sorted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just a point of interest that i found out yesterday that on the MK3 the windscreen wipers will not operate when the bonnet is open or on the safety catch, must be to stop damage to arms and bonnet when open, never had this on any other car before so wipers not working could also be a fault with bonnet catch