Getting rid of the Superb, what next...

Crikey £13k loss in a year is a tough pill to swallow but I assume a large chunk of that was the costs of the mods you had done and undone and the repairs prior to selling.

I can understand the idea of cutting your losses, I considered the same on my mk2 when the clutch destroyed the gearbox and cost me £2k to fix but ultimately I kept the car another couple of years with no issues after the repair.

Hopefully you will be happy with your new car as is then, clearly the 280 though a fantastic car was never quite right for you since I read most of the posts you made regarding the various mods you either did or wanted to do such as exhaust noise etc.

I’m really pleased with mine and aside from the pedal box to sort the throttle response and installing the sub it’s staying that way until it’s paid for (sep 2022 all things to plan) and out of warranty (this sep unless I can get a decent extended warranty from Skoda (otherwise I won’t bother).

Then it’ll be Revo stage 1 with no other mods and that’ll do me for the life of the car I reckon. (God knows it’s plenty quick enough even now but I like the idea of it being a 360bhp sleeper :devil: for those moments I really want to upset the bmw/Mercedes reps on the motorway)

14 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Crikey £13k loss in a year is a tough pill to swallow but I assume a large chunk of that was the costs of the mods you had done and undone and the repairs prior to selling.

I can understand the idea of cutting your losses, I considered the same on my mk2 when the clutch destroyed the gearbox and cost me £2k to fix but ultimately I kept the car another couple of years with no issues after the repair.

Hopefully you will be happy with your new car as is then, clearly the 280 though a fantastic car was never quite right for you since I read most of the posts you made regarding the various mods you either did or wanted to do such as exhaust noise etc.

I’m really pleased with mine and aside from the pedal box to sort the throttle response and installing the sub it’s staying that way until it’s paid for (sep 2022 all things to plan) and out of warranty (this sep unless I can get a decent extended warranty from Skoda (otherwise I won’t bother).

Then it’ll be Revo stage 1 with no other mods and that’ll do me for the life of the car I reckon. (God knows it’s plenty quick enough even now but I like the idea of it being a 360bhp sleeper :devil: for those moments I really want to upset the bmw/Mercedes reps on the motorway)

At least £8k was depreciation. The rest was repairs and mods etc.

On 24/02/2021 at 20:49, SkudMissile21 said:

Mine's a keeper as well - at least that's the plan for now. A stg 1 360hp remap certainly spices things up & is very addictive. Like you say, it's a wolf in sheep's clothing & gets you up to the legal limit in the blink of an eye.