Interior lights ON when Tailgate open

Hat

3 hours ago, Capitanharlock said:

When I open the tailgate the interior lights turn on....

So do mine.  I just checked:

1.  Car locked, tailgate is opened ... interior lights all come on.

2.  Car locked, driver’s door opened, interior lights on, close door and wait for lights to go off (so the car is in the situation where it’s “already in use”.

Tailgate is opened ... interior lights all come on.

Hi. I'm here. We just had a holiday.
I checked in two cars, (Kodiaq MY208 & MY21) and in both vehicles the interior lights did not turn on when the tailgate was opened.
Can any of you put the coding of Channel 09 from his vehicle here?

I think you're making this more complicated than it is. In both my 2018 model and the MY21 models, the interior lights come on when the boot is opened, so either you have the interior light switches in the wrong positions to facilitate this function or you have a fault.

Go to pages 78/79 of the online Kodiaq Owners manual where it tells you how to operate the interior lights.

A_SUV_Kodiaq_OwnersManual.pdf (skoda-auto.com)

On 28/02/2021 at 12:11, olderman1 said:

I think you're making this more complicated than it is. In both my 2018 model and the MY21 models, the interior lights come on when the boot is opened, so either you have the interior light switches in the wrong positions to facilitate this function or you have a fault.

Go to pages 78/79 of the online Kodiaq Owners manual where it tells you how to operate the interior lights.

A_SUV_Kodiaq_OwnersManual.pdf (skoda-auto.com)

Curiously this is not what happens in my 2018 Kodiaq, and it’s rather annoying. If I open the boot, the boot lights come on, but the interior passenger lights do not (irritating because the 3rd row lights illuminate the boot). If I open a passenger door, the interior lights come on as expected (so I know the switches are in the correct position). It has always been this way since new, so I don’t think there is a fault. 

That's interesting. I have a 5 seater, so I didn't give 7 seaters a thought, but I would have assumed that each variant was the same, but maybe that's too simplistic.  If I activate the key fob to unlock the car as I approach, the front interior lights and the lights above the second row will illuminate if I have the switches set in the correct positions, does yours do that also ? If so, it goes back to my first post - just unlock the car and the interior lights should illuminate.

How many seats does the OP have ?

If his interior lights do not illuminate when unlocking the car, I certainly don't have an answer to his original question.

Yes. If I unlock the car then all the interior lights come on. However, if you then open the boot and only the boot, only the boot lights remain on. After 30s or so the other interior lights time out and switch off. Plus, that’s only any use if the car was locked in the first place, which if I’m busy loading up the boot with stuff for a trip is usually not the case. 

The only solution I’ve found is to slightly open one of the rear doors in order to force the interior lights on. 

3 hours ago, MrTrilby said:

Curiously this is not what happens in my 2018 Kodiaq, and it’s rather annoying. If I open the boot, the boot lights come on, but the interior passenger lights do not (irritating because the 3rd row lights illuminate the boot). If I open a passenger door, the interior lights come on as expected (so I know the switches are in the correct position). It has always been this way since new, so I don’t think there is a fault. 

1 hour ago, MrTrilby said:

Yes. If I unlock the car then all the interior lights come on. However, if you then open the boot and only the boot, only the boot lights remain on. After 30s or so the other interior lights time out and switch off. Plus, that’s only any use if the car was locked in the first place, which if I’m busy loading up the boot with stuff for a trip is usually not the case. 

The only solution I’ve found is to slightly open one of the rear doors in order to force the interior lights on. 

This is exactly the case with me as well.
7 seats.
This is why I was looking for (and I am still looking for) coding in order to get the face lights on when opening the boot.

Not sure what's going on here ? I had occasion to take the  car out today - first time in ages - to take wife to a shop. When she was on her way back from the shop, she signalled me to open the boot which I did using the little switch on the lower part of my door. When the boot opened, all the interior lights came on and were still on when she'd finished in the boot and got back into the  car. I left the boot open for a while and all lights continued to stay on, but I wondered if her opening her door had reactivated the light system, so we sat there for over a minute more with the boot open and the lights still stayed on. I couldn't wait any longer   as my wife needed to get to a loo, so I shut the boot and the lights went out (as expected).

I'd like to experiment more, but as I'm barely using the car the battery isn't charged as much as it could be and I don't want to flatten the battery or put it on charge unless I have to.

When changing over my summer/ winter tyres and the boot is open for a long period the boot lights, ( haven’t checked if my interior lights come on with the boot open yet ) stay on for about 5 mins then go out with the boot still open. 

My previous Yeti did the same.

Out of curiosity and against my better judgement I've been out to the car.

With the car locked, I used the fob to open the boot. All of the interior lights illuminated and stayed on for 10 minutes -  I timed them. Surely in most circumstances this is long enough, but if not, then close the boot and reopen it and you'll get another 10 mins, or leave a door ajar as Mr Trilby does.

1 hour ago, olderman1 said:

Not sure what's going on here ? I had occasion to take the  car out today - first time in ages - to take wife to a shop. When she was on her way back from the shop, she signalled me to open the boot which I did using the little switch on the lower part of my door. When the boot opened, all the interior lights came on and were still on when she'd finished in the boot and got back into the  car. I left the boot open for a while and all lights continued to stay on, but I wondered if her opening her door had reactivated the light system, so we sat there for over a minute more with the boot open and the lights still stayed on. I couldn't wait any longer   as my wife needed to get to a loo, so I shut the boot and the lights went out (as expected).

I'd like to experiment more, but as I'm barely using the car the battery isn't charged as much as it could be and I don't want to flatten the battery or put it on charge unless I have to.

I'll play ball.  Not long home so still have key in pocket.

If you're sitting in an unlocked car ('cos someone got out) then a boot opening will switch on all interior lights.

If you're outside a locked car, then opening the boot will only switch on the boot lamps.  The red alarm lamp will still be blinking on the driver's door.

Only full unlock switches on all interior lamps.

Common sense Skoda :biggrin: