Media on USB starts from same place every time car started

MCG1975

Hi, hoping someone has a hint at why my wife's 67 plate (February 2018) Fabia seems to be determined to play the same album from the USB stick!  Sorry if this is covered somewhere else, have had a search but couldn't see it.

What is happening is that we've got a USB stick with a variety of albums on it, but whenever the car is started it always starts on the same song, irrespective of which album etc was playing when the car was previously used.  Understandably this is annoying the good lady a bit so would help me if I can resolve it!

Not had the car long so might just need a fiddle with settings but if there's a known issue and resolution that would be great!  Not entirely sure which radio it's got, but it's a colour edition if that helps narrow it down!  I can take photos idf that helps at all.

Many thanks

Matt

So having looked further and had a bit more info from my wife, it seems the issue is related to cold weather affecting the USB stick, as it's OK at the moment.  I have had similar issues with a different USB stick plugged both into my old Mk3 Superb and now my Mk4 Octavia where it suddenly can't find any playable files, so I guess it's just 'one of those things'!

I've had this recently, too. What's your memory card formatted to?

I had a 32GB sd card plugged in for ages (over 12 months)  and that was formatted to exfat or FAT32 (can't remember which) with no problems. 

I then formatted a usb stick for NTFS and put some music on that. Everything played fine but I (once) had a warning about unplayable files that required a stereo "reboot" to resolve.

I then swapped the SD card for a 64GB micro SD (in an adaptor) formatted for NTFS (and unplugged the usb stick) and have had a few more warnings from time to time but these resolved themselves without a reboot.

It has been cold recently but it (Bolero) seems less tolerant of NTFS than other formats in my opinion.

• Like 1

Hmm, good question - I'll check both sticks and see.  Suspect NTFS as its the default, will be interesting if that's the case and not temperature!  When I've had unplayable files that's been that until the next day.

On my old Superb I had the Swing radio which had the unplayable files issue, on the Fabia it's as if the stick has been unplugged and plugged in again and it starts from the first file.

I'll check formats and get back to you...

15 hours ago, briscaF1 said:

When you say, "that's that", you can reset the stereo by holding the power button for a while. Does that recover it? 

Haven't tried that, will give it a go next time that happens, thanks for the advice.