Just placed an order after being swayed back

tigermad

Just placed an order for a Mark iv SEL velvet red with the 1.5 etec dsg engine. 

I have driven Skodas for over 12 years but decided to buy a T-Roc. After 1.5 years I am coming back to the fold :-) 

I miss the little things like the heated windscreen and virtual pedal etc. Was quoted a lead time of 12-14 weeks but am guessing that’s a little optimistic since I’ve added loads of extras too and that normally holds things up. 

Hopefully I have made the right decision coming back and will be interesting to try the mild hybrid engine. 

On 21/02/2021 at 12:08, threadbear said:

What was wrong with the T-Roc out of interest? Apart from the obvious. Space. 

Still really like the Troc. It’s the 1.5 tsi and the mpg was nowhere near the published figures. Only got to around 32mpg on my 12 mile journeys to work, admittedly quite a few roundabouts on the way though. I would have kept it for the full term of the PCP but got such a good offer on the new Octavia I couldn’t turn it down. The Octy is only going to be a 1.5 as well but according to the figures I should get better MPG. Will be interested to compare. 
A bit worried by some of the posts on here mentioning the various faults though  

Edited by cheezemonkhai
Posters request

Tried to change my order to crystal black today. Dealer unfortunately couldn’t choose that colour. It won’t let him on his database. Has anyone ordered that colour recently? Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but does it depend on whether or not the factory has gone ahead and accepted your order and popped it in a planned work tray (so amendments might be tricky)? I had an email from Skoda today to say they have accepted my order (made 16/02/21) and for meteor grey, not black (have black now, very nice but hard to keep clean like all black cars). 

2 hours ago, Aarond said:

I'm not 100% sure, but does it depend on whether or not the factory has gone ahead and accepted your order and popped it in a planned work tray (so amendments might be tricky)? I had an email from Skoda today to say they have accepted my order (made 16/02/21) and for meteor grey, not black (have black now, very nice but hard to keep clean like all black cars). 

Thanks. Haven’t even signed the forms yet so order not on the system. Their Skoda system wouldn’t let them create the draft order for that colour. I can choose other colours fine. 

Edited by tigermad

Looks like I’m sticking with my Troc. The dealer has withdrawn the deal since they said they made a mistake with the figures. Pretty peeved since I paid a deposit and stuff. Didn’t sign anything though, all done over the phone. I’ve bought 2 other cars from them previously too :-( 

5 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Looks like I’m sticking with my Troc. The dealer has withdrawn the deal since they said they made a mistake with the figures. Pretty peeved since I paid a deposit and stuff. Didn’t sign anything though, all done over the phone. I’ve bought 2 other cars from them previously too :-( 

Have you looked on drivethedeal to see how it works out price wise. They just put you in touch with their dealer and will do pcp,  part ex etc exactly the same as your local. 

Bought 5 cars between me and family with them now. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, jrw said:

Have you looked on drivethedeal to see how it works out price wise. They just put you in touch with their dealer and will do pcp,  part ex etc exactly the same as your local. 

Bought 5 cars between me and family with them now. 

Thanks. Just done one. If I select enquire now and they call me back when is the order fully confirmed. Can I check things with the dealer first before committing?

5 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Thanks. Just done one. If I select enquire now and they call me back when is the order fully confirmed. Can I check things with the dealer first before committing?

Yes they call you, go through everything with you on phone and then they put that through to dealer who will call you to sort deposit etc. 

17 minutes ago, jrw said:

Yes they call you, go through everything with you on phone and then they put that through to dealer who will call you to sort deposit etc. 

Thanks. Just spotted they don’t do part exchanges.  That won’t work then. 

D699772B-2772-406B-B5B2-2F237824FDB2.png

1 minute ago, tigermad said:

Thanks. Just spotted they don’t do part exchanges.  That won’t work then. 

D699772B-2772-406B-B5B2-2F237824FDB2.png

The website says that but basically they will once you speak to the dealer. 

If you're on pcp now anyway you can just VT the car. 

10 minutes ago, jrw said:

The website says that but basically they will once you speak to the dealer. 

If you're on pcp now anyway you can just VT the car. 

Do you pay the deposit to the dealer or drivethedeal?

Just now, tigermad said:

Do you pay the deposit to the dealer or drivethedeal?

You pay the dealer. 

If you don't want to deal with them, just get the price off their website (you have to enter address and email address but don't worry they don't spam you) and then get in touch with some dealers. 

Trust Skoda in Wolverhampton and Stourbridge, Rainworth Skoda near Sheffield and Simpsons skoda in Preston are ones I know of that at least used to match DriveTheDeal prices. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, jrw said:

You pay the dealer. 

If you don't want to deal with them, just get the price off their website (you have to enter address and email address but don't worry they don't spam you) and then get in touch with some dealers. 

Trust Skoda in Wolverhampton and Stourbridge, Rainworth Skoda near Sheffield and Simpsons skoda in Preston are ones I know of that at least used to match DriveTheDeal prices. 

Got a call back from Drive the deal. Seems it’s a bit different. You give your card details to them and they pass them to the dealer for the deposit. You then get the order form and spec confirmation from the dealer. I don’t fancy that. Would have liked to see if the dealer wanted my car first. Oh well. Thanks anyway. 

2 minutes ago, tigermad said:

Got a call back from Drive the deal. Seems it’s a bit different. You give your card details to them and they pass them to the dealer for the deposit. You then get the order form and spec confirmation from the dealer. I don’t fancy that. Would have liked to see if the dealer wanted my car first. Oh well. Thanks anyway. 

Just VT your car or get a dealer to price match.