Howdy from a spring like Surbiton!

TOMSD

Hello!

I have just inherited my grandmother's 05 Skoda 1.6 FSI Hatch and am excited to join this lovely community of fellow Skoda owners. 

Having driven around in £200 Micra for the past 10 years I am happy to be driving around in something that feels so much more plush than the micra (not knocking the Micra, it never once let me down and I learnt a lot about servicing).

As happy as I am with my new car, I am having a few issues with battery drain related to the Stream MP3 radio. I have taken the radios fuse out and this has stopped the battery from draining but now I am without a radio! I will be looking to upgrade to an aftermarket unit at some point so I can stream music via bluetooth. But in the mean time does anyone have any pointers as to resolving my issue and future proofing it for upcoming audio upgrades?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, TOMSD said:

Hello!

I have just inherited my grandmother's 05 Skoda 1.6 FSI Hatch and am excited to join this lovely community of fellow Skoda owners. 

Having driven around in £200 Micra for the past 10 years I am happy to be driving around in something that feels so much more plush than the micra (not knocking the Micra, it never once let me down and I learnt a lot about servicing).

As happy as I am with my new car, I am having a few issues with battery drain related to the Stream MP3 radio. I have taken the radios fuse out and this has stopped the battery from draining but now I am without a radio! I will be looking to upgrade to an aftermarket unit at some point so I can stream music via bluetooth. But in the mean time does anyone have any pointers as to resolving my issue and future proofing it for upcoming audio upgrades?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

If more appropriate, please feel free to direct me to a post that has covered this radio (Stream mp3) battery drain issue before as I know this sections is only for hellos!

On 23/02/2021 at 17:48, Westbury63 said:

Welcome to Briskoda! :)

You new Octi must feel very plush compared to the old Micra.

You will get more response in the Octavia area of the forum.

It feels very plush! Fingers crossed it will be as reliable! Thanks for the tip, I'll ask there.