how to remove the flashed tune from a fabia vrs

I wish to remove the tuning from my VRS , its not a tuning box as far as I aware, I assume its been programmed in the ecu.

I suppose the answer is take it somewhere that does this type of work and get it back to standard tune or do I get a spare ecu but chances are it may be tuned and require programming to my car?

I used to smoke really bad when I followed the car whilst driving, I guess it is over fuelled/bad tune.

I suppose I may have answered my own question.

Thanks

As a third option you could get it reflashed with a good map, keeping the power but losing the smoke.

It's probably a legacy map from the noughties back when the moronic mantra of cretinous diesel tuners was "no smoke, no poke" and every remapped oil burner had a matte black tailgate from the soot belching from the exhaust.

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

As a third option you could get it reflashed with a good map, keeping the power but losing the smoke.

It's probably a legacy map from the noughties back when the moronic mantra of cretinous diesel tuners was "no smoke, no poke" and every remapped oil burner had a matte black tailgate from the soot belching from the exhaust.

Hi Sepulchrave, its a Darkside one fitted off site by them in Carlisle not Barnsley ,the back of the car was no longer yellow but a greasy dark grey/black after a couple of months ,I told my son that it looked over fuelled, they are supposed to be a good tuner!! but it has ended up causing head lift, if they had only recommended stronger head bolts which they actually sell the head lift may well have not happened as its a mild tune.

Very disappointing to say the least. 

I'd take it back, you want a low-smoke torque limited map, not a balls out smokey jobbie, if you complain loudly enough they should change it for nowt.

Edited by sepulchrave
  • Like 1