Bag strap jammed in boot lock,won't open....help!!

So,this morning in a rush for school, I flung two bags into the boot of my Skoda Octavia (2019). But when we got to school,I couldn't open the boot. Pulled down the back seat to get access and saw that one of the straps from a schoolbag was jammed in the boot lock. Pulled at it,strap ripped off bag but is still jammed there!! Is there a quick release mechanism to unlock it?Or any other advice?

Unfortunately not, the extra material caught in the catch wedges it.

It effectively gets wedged in by brute force and weight of boot lid, so only way to extract it is to remove by applying force, which might mean grabbing remaining strap with pliers or mole grips.

You have been able to access boot from inside, and sometimes is possible to remove trim to gain better access, but sometimes it is easier to cut off an object one side and try and pull it out from the other side, by the sounds of it the bag strap is already broken so cutting off bit more to assist pulling it through is no further loss

• 2 years later...