Strange Foot Pedal Problems

The car in question is a 2002 RHD Octavia 1.9TDi (120,000 miles) The problem: I am having intermittent problems with the clutch pedal momentarily sticking a little at the 3/4 stage on depression (travelling back up) and then clicking free and returning to the up position. Normally I would have said that the pedal rubber is sticking in the profile of my boots or the master cylinder is on its way out. However.... I can really feel this sticking/releasing in the accelerator pedal when changing over from clutch and accelerating the  throttle. On an old car I would have just assumed it would be a worn out cross bar where all the three pedals are mounted, but if I remember rightly, this car has individual electronic pedals separately mounted on the bulkhead. Before I take the front seat out and break my back on the sills, has anyone had this strange problem before?

@MikeTheThinkerThank you very much for the diagram, very helpful! From the feeling I get when changing gear and accelerating, it is as if the clutch and the accelerator are hinged on one bar and this is worn on its pivots. However I know that this cant be the case and your diagram confirms this. I have the electronic module (part no.45 not part no.1) as a few years back it failed due to water ingress and the car went into limp mode on the A3 near Frankfurt. The ADAC guy removed it and got it going again with WD40. So I have actually seen the unit. The only thing I can think of is either the clutch problem is such that the feeling transfers via the bulkhead mounting plate to the accelerator pedal or the mounting plate itself has worked loose. I think its investigation time as its not getting any better. Armed with which bit fastens to what I will have look on Wednesday and report.

I once had a bit of a problem with pedals momentarily sticking around the 3/4 return stage.

Turns out the floor mat had come loose and worked its way forward to the point where it was slightly catching the pedals!

Possibly nothing to do with your issue, but worth just checking before you spend ages ripping the car to bits....!

@Ttaskmaster Thanks for the pointer. I will have a good shufty tomorrow with an inspection lamp and will be sure to check carpet and trim before breaking my back on the sills trying to dismantle the pedals. I think it will be a seat out job.