Fabia MK3 1.0 2020 estate Rear Wiper.

Fabia MK3 1.0 2020 estate. Rear Wiper.

I've had the above Fabia estate for 2 months now and I've noticed that the rear screen wiper does a poor job of covering the screen.

Close inspection shows that the end 4" isn't in contact with the glass either when "parked" or during the "sweep".  This end of the blade is spring like and if I try to bend it (to increase contact with the glass) it just goes back to its original shape.  The result is a large area of the outside of the "sweep" doesn't get cleaned.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20210310_152417705_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20210310_152405395_HDR-01.jpeg

21 hours ago, JandB said:

Fabia MK3 1.0 2020 estate. Rear Wiper.

I've had the above Fabia estate for 2 months now and I've noticed that the rear screen wiper does a poor job of covering the screen.

Close inspection shows that the end 4" isn't in contact with the glass either when "parked" or during the "sweep".  This end of the blade is spring like and if I try to bend it (to increase contact with the glass) it just goes back to its original shape.  The result is a large area of the outside of the "sweep" doesn't get cleaned.

Any thoughts?

IMG_20210310_152417705_HDR-01.jpeg

IMG_20210310_152405395_HDR-01.jpeg

Hi J & B I have a Fabia 2015 hatchback it looks as if the fitting is the same as mine. I checked mine its approx 34 cm over all with 14cm protruding from the metal shroud. I did have problems with the first set of front wiper blades I got from a car parts shop they did not clear the screen properly so bit the bullet and bought a front set from dealers which were fine. The difference was the first set had a multi purpose clip fitting which stopped the blade from lying flat on the screen where Skodas had single click fitting built in. Might be worth taking the old one into Skodas spare parts to check if its the correct fitting. I suppose it could be a problem with the arm or spring. Joe

Thanks for the reply Joe, and especially the measurements.  Mine are 37cm long with 16cm from the shroud, so possible longer.  Either way I've spoken to the dealer on the phone and one way or another they've said they'll sort it under warranty.

IMG_20210310_173640158.jpg

On 11/03/2021 at 18:58, JandB said:

Thanks for the reply Joe, and especially the measurements.  Mine are 37cm long with 16cm from the shroud, so possible longer.  Either way I've spoken to the dealer on the phone and one way or another they've said they'll sort it under warranty.

IMG_20210310_173640158.jpg

Glad they are going to sort it under warranty for you :D