2021 superb 280

6 hours ago, bozhankov said:

NO valves.

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

So is that also only twin pipes in total (one each side)?

I do like the 4 pipe exit on mine, just wish it was more visible rather than the two exhausts look it has unless you are paying attention.

11 hours ago, bozhankov said:

NO valves.

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

No valves and they made it a single pipe each side!

That's what was expected anyway, same like the later 272s. Lovely colour you got there btw. Enjoy the ride!

I had look on new french tax system, which is based on CO2 g/km emissions.

The french government has become nut! ~12500 € :wacko: only for this CO2 tax for a TSI280! This ~ 20-25% of the car price (depending of optional equipment you want based on a L&K Estate) to be added!!!

Even for a TDI200 with same equipment, it can reach ~2500€ :wacko:!

And from 1/1st/2022 there will be an additional tax for cars weighing over 1800 kg : 10€ per kg over this weight!  Note: in their great leniency, they agreed to put a ceiling of 40,000€ on the accumulation of these 2 taxes.

Fortunately it don't think there is a single car from the Skoda catalog weighing over 1800kg. But I'm really fed up with this car-bashing! 

Also had a look on the french Skoda configurator, the Kodiaq VRS with TDI245 is no more available. The biggest engine is a TDI150 if you want a diesel one and TSI190 if you rather have a petrol engine...

Soon we'll all drive Citigo... :swear:

• Sad 2
  • Groan 1

On 19/03/2021 at 22:39, KeteCantek said:

No valves and they made it a single pipe each side!

That's what was expected anyway, same like the later 272s. Lovely colour you got there btw. Enjoy the ride!

Thanks! Yes, no valves, single pipe each side. The car is much more quiet than my brothers 280 from 2017. Which is good on motorway, bad for manual gear shifting:)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bap33 said:

I had look on new french tax system, which is based on CO2 g/km emissions.

The french government has become nut! ~12500 € :wacko: only for this CO2 tax for a TSI280! This ~ 20-25% of the car price (depending of optional equipment you want based on a L&K Estate) to be added!!!

Even for a TDI200 with same equipment, it can reach ~2500€ :wacko:!

And from 1/1st/2022 there will be an additional tax for cars weighing over 1800 kg : 10€ per kg over this weight!  Note: in their great leniency, they agreed to put a ceiling of 40,000€ on the accumulation of these 2 taxes.

Fortunately it don't think there is a single car from the Skoda catalog weighing over 1800kg. But I'm really fed up with this car-bashing! 

Also had a look on the french Skoda configurator, the Kodiaq VRS with TDI245 is no more available. The biggest engine is a TDI150 if you want a diesel one and TSI190 if you rather have a petrol engine...

Soon we'll all drive Citigo... :swear:

They have become THAT crazy then huh? 12500EUR emission tax for a 2lt Euro 6D Superb... :blink::blink::blink:   So much more ecological to stick with older Euro5 cars right?!? Dangerous clowns everywhere...

Out of curiosity, is that the permanent yearly tax one would have to be paying for this car or like a one-off tax?   Not that it matters anyway, I don't think ANY individual would go ahead with this in place, only companies that can deduct VAT (maybe), the 2-3 year old used market is going to sky-rocket...

5 hours ago, newbie69 said:

They have become THAT crazy then huh? 12500EUR emission tax for a 2lt Euro 6D Superb... :blink::blink::blink:   So much more ecological to stick with older Euro5 cars right?!? Dangerous clowns everywhere...

Out of curiosity, is that the permanent yearly tax one would have to be paying for this car or like a one-off tax?   Not that it matters anyway, I don't think ANY individual would go ahead with this in place, only companies that can deduct VAT (maybe), the 2-3 year old used market is going to sky-rocket...

I think he and the rest of the french need to start chucking onions at Macron and horse manure at government buildings in protest. :)

Its the tax on first registration, usually we dont pay any more until we sell and buy another vehicle & if its second hand & registered then the tax is lower but still hefty, that said I think for the most polluting vehicles there is now also an annual malus to pay.

First registration does not mean new, if you import a second hand vehicle say from the UK where someone will already have paid their dues that €12500 will still have to be paid, also from January vehicles from the UK are subject to import duties plus 20% TVA the UK no longer being an EU country.

There are a lot of newish Range Rovers etc still tooling around on UK plates which should already have been registered, the owners are going to get a great shock.

10 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Actually, it's only for 1st registration or for imported car (even if not new).

4 hours ago, J.R. said:

that said I think for the most polluting vehicles there is now also an annual malus to pay

I haven't heard about it...  I hope there isn't such a new tax.

I'm ok to make efforts to reduce CO2 emissions, but such a car-bashing is... :fubar: As @newbie69 said, there will be a huge demand increase on used market.... Complete non-sense... A good example of how a decision lead to the complete opposite effect of what was expected.

:wall:

• 5 months later...
On 18/03/2021 at 11:53, MartiniB said:

just two problems

1. waiting time 6+ months

2. for 280ps no discounts possible, while all others can get 20%,

as result huge lose in aftermarket - start price diff is 30k euros vs 49k :(

I just got £9k off my 280ps l&k superb estate through Croydon Skoda.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Is there anybody having the previous 280 and now the new one? I had the '18 280 and now have the new one and ... I must say that in addition to what has been mentioned here (no exhaust valves, not saving driving settings, 1 umbrella although not important) it is really different. Reacting even more vaguely to acceleration pedal and significantly lowering torque during gear exchange. 

Although the factory claims 5.3sec vs the old 5.8sec for 0-100kmh, the car seems slower and lacks temperament. Now the check engine light also came on and there is a stuck valve somewhere in the intake manifold. Has it been the issue for the whole 6 months? The light I have been only having for 30 days. Has anyone some experience to share?