1.0 litre MPI can have 75 bhp.

1.0 Litre TSI can have 95 bhp.

Thanks, AG Falco

On 15/03/2021 at 20:33, AGFalco said:

Check the engine type again.

1.0 litre MPI can have 75 bhp.

1.0 Litre TSI can have 95 bhp.

Thanks, AG Falco

Yep, got that all wrong!  We didn't go for that one in the end as I didn't want the MPi engine. Picking up a 17 plate 1.2TSi for my wife this afternoon. After driving a 54 plate 1.4TDi for the past ten years, this newer Fabia will be an eye opener for her. I think I am far more interested in the SmartLink than she is though.....

On 15/03/2021 at 00:42, anotherdownunder said:

That is a really useful site - thank you.

On 17/03/2021 at 11:20, Pal62v said:

Yep, got that all wrong!  We didn't go for that one in the end as I didn't want the MPi engine. Picking up a 17 plate 1.2TSi for my wife this afternoon. After driving a 54 plate 1.4TDi for the past ten years, this newer Fabia will be an eye opener for her. I think I am far more interested in the SmartLink than she is though.....

That is a really useful site - thank you.

Just so you are away the 1.2tsi is belt driven with a separate water pump on the opposite side of the engine run by its own belt. :) Enjoy your new car!

• Thanks 1

"Skoda: 1.2 litre 3-cylinder petrol engine, 1.6 litre FSI, 1.2TSI and 1.4 litre TSI 4-cylinder up to 2012 when replaced by belt cam EA211 (though some Yeti 1.2TSIs remained chain cam up to 2015)..."

The above text is from that linked site but is it correct?

As I understood it:

1.2TSI (8V) are all chain cam, which covers MK2 fabias & engines prior to 2012 may have issues with their chains. These engines ran up to 2015 (?)

1.2 tsi after (in fabia MK3) are 16V and have belt driven cam.

1.0 tsi (2017 on?) are all belt.

Is the above correct?

Edited by briscaF1
Formatting

• 2 months later...

Sounds about right to me and of course the debate about belts vs chains continues. Mine has a belt but according to my bro (recently retired service manager) belts continue to improve compared with when they first arrived with some doing 100k miles or more and are a dam sight easier to change than belts. VW recommends (not mandates) five years but mine is now in it's seventh year because I don't do the miles.