Forman Diagnostic socket?

I wish to use VAG COM on a car equiped with this type of OBD connector so how can this be random?

And before you all start, YES it is compatable with VAG-COM, solong a you have the correct adoptor. Which is what I am asking abbout so I can manufacture my own.

Dave.

I think Ben was refering to the estate being called a Forman not the fact that you want to interogate the said vehicle with VAG COM.

quite.

i have vag-com myself so completely understand why you would want to do it but the name seems odd to me :)

Many Thanks for the reply, that is exactly what I was after.

You're welcome.

Any chance you could send me an Auto-Scan once you are working on this car? Havn't seen a Favorti/Foreman scan yet. :o

forman is how the czechs know these favorit estates - that IS their name here.

as to the lead - has anyone found the wiring arrangement on this lead yet? or have you ordered the lead already?

the dealer wants about 30quid inc post and vat - in czech - so budget about 35quid to the uk.

Hi All,

Yes I thinks the engine is about it. I can tell from the picture what wires do what, I just need the part number off the blank plug that is fitted to the car when there is no lead connected. I think it will be a VW part number, Something like 357 9XX XXX, where X is also anumber. When I know that I can make my own :D :D

Cheers,

Dave.

If you're looking for the OBD-II socket as found in more normal cars, that should be:

3A0 972 695

000 979 011 should be repair wires with appropriate pins already crimped on

If it were me, I'd replace the strange Foreman socket with a standard OBD-II socket using the above parts.

-Uwe-

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

ok, slight update to anyone that might want to know...

there are just the three wires for the favorit.. and from the car wiring i saw a moment ago... red +, white -, black with green stripe is the k line (left to right on the socket)

i used 3 small crocdile clips onto a 2+2 vw adapter for my vag geniscan obd hand code reader... so a vagcom would read it too no probs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested. Also interested in what sort of details can be read from the system. My guess is only the basics like lambda sensor, temps etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

A bit late, but here's a diagram and photograph.

The two 2 pin connectors at the top, left to right have the numbers 443972580 and 443972577 on them respectively. It is through these with an adapter that will allow you to connect it to a standard cable. The 5 pin female socket at the bottom is shown with the locating ridges uppermost and the metal retaining clip on the underside. It has a switch and LED in the circuit, presumably to switch it when you are ready to read the LED blink codes

30640.attach

30641.attach