SmartLink+ downgraded to SmartLink and iPhone 12 Pro Max?

Hey guys,

Glad to be here!

I'm posting here, as I've literally exhausted any and all official possibilities for help.

In short, here's my situation: My Kodiaq (4x4, DSG, 150cp, 2017, Style) came with all the bells and whistles, including SmartLink+, which I used extensively.

A couple of months ago, the car was left out in the cold for 3 days (think -20 degrees celsius) and the battery almost died; trying to start the car, it threw a battery error, struggled and after locking/unlocking, the car barely started, with a battery error and the check engine light on. 

I connected my phone to it in order to investigate, started the MySkoda app and to my surprise, the app said "You car does not support SmartLink+ features"! 

Now, I'm quite positive the car does support SmartLink+, since I've used it for months beforehand. 

Restarting the car proved to be useless, the app section screen said "Welcome to SmartLinK. Connect your phone...." where it used to write "Welcome to SmartLink+"

I've taken it to the dealer, they performed a reset with no success (that I did too). 

They also performed a reinstall of the software, with no success. 

If I go into my Skoda Connect account, I see the SmartLink+ license active, with expiration date. The car however now only has regular, "dumb" SmartLink.

I've scheduled the car for a more in-depth inspection, but I have no expectations at this point, as the car was already in the shop for 4 days already, with no progress whatsoever (if you're not counting the numerous resets they did). 

I should state the fact that SmartLink+ worked with my old iPhone 8 Plus, as well as my new iPhone 12 Pro Max, the latter apparently not being "supported". 

On a side not, I tried ordering the expired services, which of course failed, but my card was charged — but this is a separate issue. 

Anyone else had this issue of their SmartLink+ just "downgrading" all of a sudden?

Screenshot 2021-03-15 at 20.07.11.png

53 minutes ago, knudsen said:

Yes !  i have exactly the same problem and have had it for 1-2 months, i have a Kodiaq from 2020 and use iPhone 10x

What did your dealer or service say about this matter? Anything useful?

22 minutes ago, linni said:

After every battery disconnection or other issue pay a visit to dealer - your ECU needs reprogramming. Some features just do not work anymore.

my battery has not been disconnected so that is not the cause

17 hours ago, knudsen said:

my battery has not been disconnected so that is not the cause

Running the battery very low may have the same effect as disconnection. i,e. not enough power! 

Update on the issue:

As stated in my 1st post, I purchased the Remote Connect pack from the Skoda Connect shop, a transaction which failed due to their platform being ****, so of course I contacted them in regards to this issue (which is still not solved). 

However, I did mention that I had the issue with SmartLink+ as well, so they nice tech lead lady offered to investigate and surprise, surprise, she said my car was NOT supposed to have SmartLink+.  

I showed her my Skoda Connect account, that says the license is active and I used to have this service until not long ago. 

Apparently a glitch between MySkoda, the old Skoda Connect app and the new Skoda Connect web interface has rendered some, if not most similar services unusable. 

Moreso, my dealer just called to say they got a notice from Skoda stating that Care Connect services have issues and they should stop recommending them for the time being. 

The situation is even more frustrating, considering that very few other people have experienced this issue, hence dealers have no idea what to do. 

Find someone with VCDS and get a scan. After my battery was disconnected there were like 10 - 15 faults listed and some of the features were not working.As you said the problem started after the flat battery, I still assume the problem is there.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Linni for the recommendation. 

Yes, the problem still persists and it’s annoying, even though I learned to live with it — I wish I had my SmartLink+ features sorted by the one who sold me my car. 

1 hour ago, knudsen said:

today there has been an app update for myskoda app.  and now my Smartlink + is working again 🙂

That's great news - Did the screen on the car change to SmartLink+ after connecting the phone or you had to do something in particular to change from SmartLink to SmartLink+?

48 minutes ago, knudsen said:

i just connected the phone after app update and then everything worked as before the problem occurred

I confirm, it works after the update. Car still displays SmartLink instead of SmartLink+ though. 

4151B9B3-9D8B-414F-AC22-069E4BF67B81.png