Vrs2.0 TSI CCz alternative?

Right I need a replacement engine for my 2009 Octavia vrs there seam to be plenty of lat chh engines avaible can these be retrofitted or made to work in an older car or is there an alternative engine code I can use for a 2009 vrs? Cheers

It is an interesting idea. And an improved gen 3 EA888 engine if you can do it.

Given the lack of response so far, it doesn't sound like many (or maybe any) have done it on here.  Maybe do some googling Mk7 gti engine in Mk6 etc.   It won't be as easy as plug and play. There will be quite a lot of loom modifications, or a replacement loom, you'd need the ECM and various plumbing and bits and pieces will be different and require modification.  This is all just off the top of my head. As you say, you need someone who has done it as to the level of effort required.  

It would be useful to update here if you make any solid findings.   What happened to the CCZA? Timing chain?

Yes there seam to be an abundance of later engines as they don't seam to suffer the same fate other than that it's a replacement CCz engine required