Octavia 1.4 problem

I  have a Octavia 1.4tsfi facelift 66 plate with only 15000 miles on the clock and this morning it wouldnt start and noticed a smell of petrol and also noticed fuel from the front on the tarmac has anyone else had this happen and what was the fault

Sounds like a failed fuel pump to me. If petrol is being pumped out onto the ground and not into the injectors there will be no engine operation.

Other options could be high or low pressure fuel lines that have split. Check the pump and the fuel lines to the injectors. 

1 minute ago, varaderoguy said:

Sounds like a failed fuel pump to me. If petrol is being pumped out onto the ground and not into the injectors there will be no engine operation.

Other options could be high or low pressure fuel lines that have split. Check the pump and the fuel lines to the injectors. 

It's fairly common here in Germany for Marten (rodents that look like ferrets) to get into engines bays etc and they eat the wiring and pipes etc.

Car shops sell deterrents etc.

Hi guys terns out its the fuel rail at fault at an astounding cost on a 15 000 5 year old motor but having done some digging on net especially this site it seems to be happening alot.