Help getting my felicia 1.3mpi engine started

On 15/04/2021 at 14:18, shafty said:

Is it posable to fit it in the wrong orientation? I haven't removed it so I am just assuming it's correct...( You know what they say about assumptions) 

All flywheels I've dealt with in the past have been doweld to fit one way! 

Even if it was wrong I should still be getting spark... Just not at the right time? 

Yes, it is possible to mount the flywheel wrong way. Cutout with extra teeth should be on the bottom with 1st cylinder at TDC.

The system fires two plugs at the same time, one in compression, other in exhaust phase. I'm not sure how it acts when it's in different phases, where electrical properties are different.

On 16/04/2021 at 01:56, shafty said:

I don't have any pulse signals from the ecu to the coil or injectors!

You wrote earlier that you can hear solenoids in injectors being activated, that means that you should get some signals. Maybe your method of measuring is inadequate for such short signals?

• Like 2

On 19/04/2021 at 10:01, Papez said:

You wrote earlier that you can hear solenoids in injectors being activated, that means that you should get some signals. Maybe your method of measuring is inadequate for such short signals?

I will have to confirm this again as I might just of been hearing the fuel pump relay and the sound of fuel passing through the pressure valve, as the last time I tryed to start it it had dry spark plugs when removed. 

On 19/04/2021 at 10:01, Papez said:

Yes, it is possible to mount the flywheel wrong way. Cutout with extra teeth should be on the bottom with 1st cylinder at TDC.

The system fires two plugs at the same time, one in compression, other in exhaust phase. I'm not sure how it acts when it's in different phases, where electrical properties are different.

I will check this also 👍 I'll be at the car again this weekend. 

Please can I ask members to keep their posts polite and to avoid using offensive language.

I appreciate that what might be offensive to one person, may not appear to be to another, however you do need to consider the wider audience when posting. That doesn't mean having to sugar coat everything, but you do need to pick appropriate language.

I do also understand that there can be a degree of lost in translation where English may not be the first language of the poster, but in those cases I would suggest the mindset of if in doubt, perhaps don't say it.

• Like 2

On 21/04/2021 at 17:02, cheezemonkhai said:

Please can I ask members to keep their posts polite and to avoid using offensive language.

I appreciate that what might be offensive to one person, may not appear to be to another, however you do need to consider the wider audience when posting. That doesn't mean having to sugar coat everything, but you do need to pick appropriate language.

I do also understand that there can be a degree of lost in translation where English may not be the first language of the poster, but in those cases I would suggest the mindset of if in doubt, perhaps don't say it.

I dont see anyone being rude or offensive here

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've been able to get down to the car again briefly. 

Put it on a diagnostics this time 

And figured out that the immobiliser is working as it should so thats nice.

I am getting recurrent error codes

00282 throttle position actuator (v60) blocked or no voltage

01087 basic setting not proformed Not a plausible signal 

Are these codes caused by a failed attempt to do a throttle body reset ? 

As when I try to do one the butterfly valve doesn't move but the motor turns a bit. 

I took a video of the inside of the throttle body (under the metal cover) but I can't upload it on here :( 

Any idea what could be causing this? 

Me and my friend who is much more electrically minded than me couldnt really see a obvious problem with the wiring. 

Could this be responsible for the lack of pulse signals to coil and injectors? 

I also tryed turning the engine over again with the node light plugged in to one of the injectors and the light flashes once but that's all 🤔