Karoq 1.5 Rear Mud Flaps

K100RS

Having fitted mud flaps to my wife's Yeti 2.0 without any problems I decided to order new mud flaps for the front and rear. The front ones went on no problem then ordered recently the rear ones part No 57A 075 101 which arrived quickly. Even with the 19 inch wheels I managed to unscrew the 2 hex self tapping screws out easily with just a small movement by socket set then finish off with my fingers. No problem so I thought. The new rear mud flap fitted into place but then I found the lower self tapping screw just would not bite and screw in. Also the two plastic rivets to push into the mud flap were to small and just dropped straight out of the plastic fender. There was now way they would stay in place once the pin was pushed in and the other larger button with a knurled thread would stay in place at the bottom . One tap and it fell out. Also noticed that the actual injection moulding that had marks for circles on it had not been drilled in the middle of the circles. Looks like now I will have to take off the rear wheels to get a better look at the problem and use some larger diameter plastic rivets to hold the mud flaps in place. Has anybody else come across this problem with the Karoq? My wife purchased it in Sept from the main Norwich Dealer. Also had the rear number plate fall off as they used double sided sticky tape to put them on.

Mine went on as described in the instructions, and I seem to remember the plastic expanding rivets were very tight to push home. Are you using the right holes in the wheel arch? 

There's a thread with details about fitting mud flaps at Karoq - Fitting Mud Flaps Instructions - Skoda Karoq Guides - BRISKODA that I found very helpful.

Chris

Edited by CJJE

Hi CJJE

Thanks for your help. Yes could not have used the wrong holes as the rear mud flaps have a right angle bracket on the plastic flap with a large hole that fits on underneath to the car. The plastic push on screw that's provided for underneath use just fell out as the diameter was to small. The same problem with the plastic expanding rivet on the inside of the wheel arch. Pushed right in with my finger and popped out once the flap was tapped?  Once the weather warms up will jack the car up and have a closer look at the problem. I do have different diameter expanding rivets so should be able to get round it. Do need the wheels off as there is not much clearance to play around with 19 inch wheels and may have to drill out the holes. Just a pain having not met this problem with the Yeti 110.

Chris