Buying a 68 plate 1.5 tsi dsg Karoq SE

Daveyeti

Hi, thinking of trading my Yeti for Karoq SE 1.5 tsi dsg. The car I'm looking at first reg Dec 2018. 10k miles, one owner. Anything I need to look out for. I'm unsure which DSG this has in. I had a bad experience with an early Yeti DSG.  Think it was the DQ200? in that. 7 gear dry clutch. Any advise very welcome 🙏 

Thats good to hear. I'm test driving tomorrow. Has you're car been subject to any service campaigns or software updates?

As far as I know the software gets updated when the dealer does the annual service, this is routine. 

If you do buy one the rubber mats from the Yeti can be used in the Karoq. The drivers side just needs one hole punched into it for the perfect fit (I didn't bother to punch the hole initially)

tom

I've gone for a 19 plate 1.0 SE. Karoq. This will suit my motoring needs for the next few years. Will miss my Yeti but time to move on. I've lifted the mats from Yeti. Thanks for tip.

SE’s the discerning choice.  Just enough creature comforts but no hassle items like leaking sunroofs and inbuilt satnag.  :thumbup:

Just sayin.   :D

Cheers DSL. Deal is done, I say goodbye to my Yeti tomorrow when I collect my Karoq. I did wonder if I might find the 1.0 tsi lacking. Ive had a good test drive and was quite suprised. My driving is 90% city driving these days, short journeys. About 8k miles a year. My first Yeti was a 1.2 tsi dsg and that was a capable car. 

Having driven a couple of hundred miles now I agree with SurreySlowCoach. I'm really pleased with the car. I thought it may feel quite under powered being a 1.0 tsi in a reasonably big car, but no, its is perfectly adequate for my needs and delivers reasonable torque meaning I don't need to rev excessively. Of course I will miss my Yeti TDI 170 but my driving needs have changed. My driving is a lot of stop start town driving, I have no real need for 4x4. Looking at the weight of both cars my Karoq is over 400kg lighter than my last Yeti ! I didn't realise how heavy the Yeti was.

Daveyeti, where did you get the weights from?  According to Parker's, your Karoq weighs in at either 1269 kg or 1363 kg if you've got the DSG.  Your old Elegance Yeti 170 was between 1460 and 1565, depending on whether "Outdoor" spec or DSG.  So the maximum difference on Parker's is under 300 kg, and at their closest only 93 kg, nowhere near over 400 kg.  I've always found Parker's figures are "like for like", so comparisons within their website are valid.  Autocar shows nearnough the same, give or take 10 kg.

I'm not saying you're wrong or looking for an argument, but that's a big difference.

• Like 1

Hi FlyingGecko, never any arguments on this forum....just learning and supporting others. You are quite correct . I was looking at revenue weight on Vehicle Smart app. Didn't know what revenue weight was. I do now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers Daveyeti.  Your point is still valid about weight though, it was probaly the combination of the big diesel engine and the 4x4 system making the Yeti a heavyweight.  A pal of mine did a Yeti to Karoq change three years back, from the 1.2 to a 1.5. 

It'd be interesting to see how your Karoq fuel consumption compares with the diesel Yeti.  My old Octavia vRS 2.0 petrol DSG gave 34.6 mpg over 35,000 miles.  So far my SE-L Karoq, a 1.5 petrol DSG, is giving 34.5 mpg over 4000 miles.  I'm hoping that improves when I do a few 500 mile trips, I used to do half a dozen a year before lockdown.  I'll be disappointed if it doesn't.

I'm not expexting mpg to be quite as good as my diesel yeti, but I'm hoping it will be close. I plan to keep track of this and will monitor it with interest. 

• Like 1