Isle of Wight or Isle of Man???

vRS19TD

Picture Taken On Isle of Man........[ATTACH]9139[/ATTACH]

I think the picture says it all' date=' i'm not going to the Isle of Man with these people on it!!!!!! :insane: :silly:

Isle of Wight (maybe), here i come!!!! :D[/quote']

Those two guys look very American? Good job it wasn’t windy when you took the shot too!:eek: :D

Has anybody been to either the Isle of Wight or the Isle of Man and which of the 2 would you recommend going to for a weeks holiday at the beginning of July? :thumbup:

Cheers' date='

John :thumbup:[/quote']

Done both in the last year.

IOM is fantastic but beer is rubbish. Longer ferry crossing and expensive.

IOW cheaper ferry crossing, warmer and some good pubs.

Both will be packed with tourists anyway so speed might be slower than you think!!

Done both in the last year.

IOM is fantastic but beer is rubbish. Longer ferry crossing and expensive.

IOW cheaper ferry crossing' date=' warmer and some good pubs.

Both will be packed with tourists anyway so speed might be slower than you think!![/quote']

Cheers mate. :thumbup:

I'm hoping that it may still be fairly quiet as the kids shouldn't break up from school until the end of July. :D

:eek: fairly quiet? You must be joking! Silly season began at Easter.

And yes, we do have three prisons and it's quite exciting when prisoners escape :D we went looking for the last lot, they were found about 1-2 miles from home.

What is scarrows lane :confused:

:eek: fairly quiet? You must be joking! Silly season began at Easter.

And yes' date=' we do have three prisons and it's quite exciting when prisoners escape :D we went looking for the last lot, they were found about 1-2 miles from home.

What is scarrows lane :confused:[/quote']

So i've got a choice of an island with 3 prisons that keep having people escaping or an island with 3 nutters that like to wear a kilt!!!

On a more serious note, what is it you want from the holiday? I may be able to help :)

Scenery, stunning views, places to go for a nice drive, that sort of thing. Obviously it's not going to be quiet but just so long as there's something interesting to see, then i don't mind. :cool:

Ok, stunning views and scenery and nice drives, check these out....

The two car pics are the same place but different directions, this is called the military road it runs all the way up the west coast and is a beach road. It's great for driving, I test drove a vrs here ;)

The beach is compton bay, the one I mentioned earlier. If you look in the distance you will see where the cliffs are high up, this is where the car pics are taken :) The west side of the island is definetely the prettiest, nice country pubs etc.

P2260020.jpg

velma1.jpg

comp1.jpg

Damn, tried to resize the second one but still came out larger than life!

The east side is not really a dump as such, I will try to remain objective :rolleyes: If you imagine the scenery/coastline east of soton is all like seaside towns, deckchairs, promenades etc well this is like the east side of the Island. To the west of soton as in Dorset, Devon etc is quite rugged and natural well this echoes the west side of the Island.

The East is made up of built up seaside towns, so shops, pubs, clubs, hotels etc. The west is spacious, country cottages and little villages. Very pretty indeed :thumbup:

Damn' date=' tried to resize the second one but still came out larger than life!

The east side is not really a dump as such, I will try to remain objective :rolleyes: If you imagine the scenery/coastline east of soton is all like seaside towns, deckchairs, promenades etc well this is like the east side of the Island. To the west of soton as in Dorset, Devon etc is quite rugged and natural well this echoes the west side of the Island.

The East is made up of built up seaside towns, so shops, pubs, clubs, hotels etc. The west is spacious, country cottages and little villages. Very pretty indeed :thumbup:[/quote']

East Side = Granny Hangout in the morning and yob hangout in the evenings,

West Side = Walkers Hangout.

Cheers again :thumbup:

Which side of the isle is Niton? :D

I nearly answered that :cool: :P

If you're not too far away' date=' why not come over for a day trip to check out where you would like to stay :)[/quote']

:confused: I did actually want an answer. It's where one of the cottages i'm looking at staying is located.

I live in the West Midlands, so it's quite a drive. I've managed to do here to Torquay in 1 and a half hours in my Pug 206 but i can't see me being able to make it to the harbour in that sort of time these days.

Sorry!! Its actually on the south tip so you are at the bottom of the military road. Very close to the wight mouse inn so good food! and good views all the way up that road. Check out their website.

Sorry!! Its actually on the south tip so you are at the bottom of the military road. Very close to the wight mouse inn so good food! and good views all the way up that road. Check out their website.

Thank you once again Pixi, you've been a big help. :thumbup::D

If you are after a nice drive or two I wouldnt go to IOM in the summer - the roads are choc-full of bikers who think they are in the TT, leads to a LOT of accidents.