clutch stuck down on 2 week old Kodiaq SE Drive

2 week old Škoda Kodiaq SE Drive suffered a dangerous fault this morning when the clutch stuck in the down position. I managed to limp home by pulling up pedal by hand.  It stuck a couple more times but sometimes half way up so clutch could engage.  Also experienced the strange sensation of clutch being sucked away from my foot towards the floor at times.  Awaited the AA (via Skoda Assist) with 2 kids crying because they were missing a party. Although it happened 4 or 5 times while limping home, AA guy could not reproduce fault after he had vigerously pumped the clutch pedal multiple times.  The AA followed me to the Skoda dealer where I left the car to be checked out.  I have seen other similar posts (although older cars) where SKoda could not reproduce the problem. I don't want to be left with a car that cannot be trusted to transport my family safely - should I reject the car while still in first 30 days from purchase?  Anyone had this problem fixed satisfactorily?

Call Skoda Assist and get them to arrange the delivery of a hire car.  That was what the AA responder should have done already.    Give Skoda UK the chance to make the car fit for purpose and allow them an hour to get a Hire Car delivered to you unless you really are in a rural area... Then allow a couple of hours.  But seeing as you drive to a main dealers I imagine there are plenty hire car providers not far away.

Edited by e-Roottoot

The master cylinder will require replacing with the latest AF revision genuine Skoda part, pattern ones are copies of earlier revisions where the same thing can occur.

The clutch bleed block AKA torque limiter will also need removing and flushing to remove any debris that will be stopping or impeding the fluid from returning to the master cylinder, the system should be throughly flushed before doing this and thoroughly bled afterwards.

If you are not 100% sure that a genuine VAG revision AF cylinder has been fitted and the problem recurs under no circumstance should you pull the pedal up if it sticks push it down & bring your foot back up very slowly, it may take several goes, dont be tempted to pump it quickly.

I am surprised that its happened on a new vehicle but a small particle could have entered the system at any time of the manufacture or assembly of any of the components.

When I wrote the above I had not appreciated it was a new vehicle so the words about pattern parts & revision numbers will not apply, I have left them in case anyone with an older car searches and finds the thread.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1
  • Love it! 1

• 2 years later...
On 25/04/2021 at 14:09, J.R. said:

The master cylinder will require replacing with the latest AF revision genuine Skoda part, pattern ones are copies of earlier revisions where the same thing can occur.

The clutch bleed block AKA torque limiter will also need removing and flushing to remove any debris that will be stopping or impeding the fluid from returning to the master cylinder, the system should be throughly flushed before doing this and thoroughly bled afterwards.

If you are not 100% sure that a genuine VAG revision AF cylinder has been fitted and the problem recurs under no circumstance should you pull the pedal up if it sticks push it down & bring your foot back up very slowly, it may take several goes, dont be tempted to pump it quickly.

I am surprised that its happened on a new vehicle but a small particle could have entered the system at any time of the manufacture or assembly of any of the components.

When I wrote the above I had not appreciated it was a new vehicle so the words about pattern parts & revision numbers will not apply, I have left them in case anyone with an older car searches and finds the thread.

@J.R. what do you mean by 'AF revision'

if you mean the part number, none of the ones listed on my own end with AF

@MarkLiv did you have any further issues ?