Obdeleven diagnostics

Has anyone tried using the obdeleven diagnostics tool on a felicia ( 1.3mpi Siemens SIMOS 2P specifically) 

If so how dose it shape up against vcds? 

Can you do things like resetting the immobiliser for fitting new ecu's? 

Thanks 

On 28/04/2021 at 00:34, shafty said:

Has anyone tried using the obdeleven diagnostics tool on a felicia ( 1.3mpi Siemens SIMOS 2P specifically) 

If so how dose it shape up against vcds? 

Can you do things like resetting the immobiliser for fitting new ecu's? 

I have it and run few scans, it's nothing fancy and i don't think you can do a lot of things with that.

I will post some screenshots to help you but i think i would be better to go to a programmer after setting a new ECU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

I have it and run few scans, it's nothing fancy and i don't think you can do a lot of things with that.

I will post some screenshots to help you but i think i would be better to go to a programmer after setting a new ECU.

I did message the company and they have said that if you can do it with vcds then you can do it with obdeleven... But honestly I don't believe that?? 🤔

20 hours ago, shafty said:

I did message the company and they have said that if you can do it with vcds then you can do it with obdeleven... But honestly I don't believe that?? 🤔

The manufacturer of OBD11 should show some interest for us because we the Felicians don't have those fancy gauges in our smartphone as the others have.

ad9abdda_83d6_4f56_beab_ea50f38a1769_006

I haven't met yet a repair shop with OBD11 device ans a smartphone instead of a laptop and Vcds.

I tested today mine, i will post some screenshots but you will be disappointed as i did.

• Like 1

Here is the Menu of OBD11 for the Felicia.

When i tried to get inside for more details i saw this:

Screenshot_20210503-192257.png.92656ef8d0eaaf6adbc9d528520dc695.png

I try for 2nd time and i had the same results.

As for curiosity while the unit was attached i turn on the ignition but the car immediately started to idle badly so i turn it off.

I don't know if there is a way to make some adjustments but i am not optimistic compared to a laptop-Vcds.

Screenshot_20210503-192044.png

Screenshot_20210503-192051.png

Hmm.. Yes that is rather disappointing haha. 

I was hoping I had found a less expensive option than vcds... Wishful thinking I suppose :(

Thanks for trying it out and posting the pics 👍

To be honest i regret that i bought the OBD11, doesn't gave me something ''extra" or helped me in something till now

I was very-very disappointed that i can not have those fancy gauges in my smartphone.

The only positive is that IF i am in the country with no VW-Skoda repair shop close to me and IF i have a sensor fault then IF i had it with me will erase the fault.