Windscreen wipers intermittent operation even when switched off.

wharferat

Has anyone else had a problem with their windscreen wipers wiping intermittently even when they are switched off? My wife's Karoq has been doing this for a month now. At first it was happening after turning right, but more recently it has happened at random times. Even after isolation of the intermittent by the dealer it has still happened at random times.

After 2 visits to to the dealer, the first for only an hour 2 weeks ago so they could put her car on the diagnostics computer, nothing found, but intermittent operation isolated at that time, & another today where they have had the car all day & supposedly 20 miles of driving & it did not obligingly spring into life when least expected, the dealer says they can't do anything, & they wouldn't escalate it to Skoda UK, my wife has called Skoda UK & they've opened a case, with a case number & will be contacting the dealer. The person she spoke to at Skoda UK said it sounded as if there could be a wiring loom problem. When this had earlier been suggested to the person she dealt with at the local dealer, he said there is miles of wiring to check & without seeing it happen they wouldn't know where to start checking. Hopefully something will come of this. :wondering:

Interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem, & also if it has been resolved.

2 hours ago, Berisford said:

Interesting link, Berisford, & probably the same dealer. As I said in the opening post, the Intermittent was disabled by the service department when the car first went in for investigation, not in the infotainment system, but I assume with VCDS. It certainly didn't have Automatic/Intermittent wipers when my wife wanted them the other day.