Fog lights gap between light and bumper

Tobynw2

Not every brand will have perfectly fitting fog lights. Mine have a little gap but in not stressed about it. Given vehicles have plastic bumpers and will flex a little whilst driving.

My sportline also got panel gap issues - I can stick my pinky finger where the boot meets the chasis of the car

Guess you get what you pay for..Need to go with more premium brands for panel gap issues to be severely reduced/go away

Well if you want to talk about panel gaps, go look at any Tesla. For what you pay for the product is woeful.

I've seen Range Rovers with poor panel gaps (over 100 thousand dollars in Australia) so sadly the comment "you get what you paid for"  isn't overly true nor fitting.

• Like 1

True, but brands you mention (Tesla, Range Rover) don't exactly have good reputation when it comes to quality control - those cars excel at other things hence their premium moniker

I was thinking more in line of brands like BMW, Mercedes, Audi, Volvo, Lexus, etc

Either way I accept that my car won't have perfectly aligned body panels as like brands you've mentioned.

I still love my Sportline either way and just enjoy what she offers.

2 hours ago, Fux said:

My sportline also got panel gap issues - I can stick my pinky finger where the boot meets the chasis of the car

If you mean under the bottom edge of the boot when closed, it's designed that way.

If that gap wasn't there, you couldn't fit a rigid bumper protector.

If you

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 12:52, Phutters said:

If you mean under the bottom edge of the boot when closed, it's designed that way.

If that gap wasn't there, you couldn't fit a rigid bumper protector.

If you

nah, I mean on the sides (where the rear glass is)

5 hours ago, Fux said:

IMG_20210517_115725.jpg

IMG_20210517_115735.jpg

dunno, this seems like excessive gaps to me

IMG_20210517_115749.jpg

IMG_20210517_115829.jpg

Those gaps are normal. And water drains quckly..which is good. Especialy if you’re living in countries with harsh winters. And i do live in county like that. 
And…to take advantage on this post, since i see you have led headlights, would you be so kind to make photo of your headlights reflections against a “clear” wall from few meters (5m for example) since im battling with dealer because im unhappy how headlights (changed under warranty) perform on my car. 😁

Edited by Arsen