Word hose loose

Hello fellow drivers,

I've done a visual inspection of my newly purchased Fabia MK2 2007, 1.4tdi, BNV, and I've found a hose near the right headlamp, loose.

What is it, and from where it's gotten loose from?

Thanks

IMG_20210509_193148~2.jpg

I can't seem to work out which way I'm looking in that photo, but if that's anywhere near the battery, it'll be the battery tray drain hose.  It isn't mean to connect to anything at the bottom end, just the underside of the battery tray at the other end.

It looks like a drain hose but if you say on the right, is your battery not on the left? (Left is always taken from the sitting inside, driving, point of view, not as you open the bonnet and look in the bay) Left, here in the UK, is regarded as "Nearside" As its the side near the kerb, right being the drivers side.

I would also look for a matching hose, the opposite side unless I knew it to be a battery drain tube. At that age, I doubt the battery needed a hose as they most likely come sealed.