Amundsen Infotainment System not connecting to the internet.

StephenP

My system won't connect to the internet. I therefore can't get live traffic on the Nav or use any of the Skoda Connect features.

All was ok untill a week ago when it suddenly stopped working.

I've checked all the settings, and tried to connect by WiFi. I've also tried a soft reboot - by holding down the on/off button.

Skoda customer services haven't been able to help. Can anybody advise anything I can do to save me have to book it in to my local dealer - 3 week wait. 

Thank you.

I'm new to my Karoq so am of limited help.  Have you tried resetting to factory default in settings? Or....If the problem is electrical then a good cure-all is to try disconnecting the battery then reconnect. No guarantees but it does sort a lot of problems. Good luck.

There have been posts about problems with the eSIM which seem to relate to recent builds - don't know if yours has built in SIM, but it sounds like you'll have to get it to the dealers. Without knowing the Amundsen system myself, if you can it might be worth trying to get it to connect to your mobile phone if you set that up as a wifi hotspot. If the car can connect to your mobile then i may be something else and not an eSIM fault.

53 minutes ago, stepheno said:

I'm new to my Karoq so am of limited help.  Have you tried resetting to factory default in settings? Or....If the problem is electrical then a good cure-all is to try disconnecting the battery then reconnect. No guarantees but it does sort a lot of problems. Good luck.

Thanks for your help Stephen. I'll give them a try.

48 minutes ago, VRT24 said:

There have been posts about problems with the eSIM which seem to relate to recent builds - don't know if yours has built in SIM, but it sounds like you'll have to get it to the dealers. Without knowing the Amundsen system myself, if you can it might be worth trying to get it to connect to your mobile phone if you set that up as a wifi hotspot. If the car can connect to your mobile then i may be something else and not an eSIM fault.

Thanks for your help VRT24.

It does have a built in e-sim.

The system will connect to my mobile phone, and I have set it up as a WiFi hotspot, but it still won't connect to the internet. It's booked into the dealers, but the first available slot is three weeks away.

5 hours ago, StephenP said:

My system won't connect to the internet. I therefore can't get live traffic on the Nav or use any of the Skoda Connect features.

All was ok untill a week ago when it suddenly stopped working.

I've checked all the settings, and tried to connect by WiFi. I've also tried a soft reboot - by holding down the on/off button.

Skoda customer services haven't been able to help. Can anybody advise anything I can do to save me have to book it in to my local dealer - 3 week wait. 

Thank you.

Do you still have an active connect account, it's only free for the first year.

Mine is the same, co-incidently it stopped working about a week ago as well. 

Its booked into the dealers next monday, will post an update when i get it back. 

41 minutes ago, Ianc33 said:

Mine is the same, co-incidently it stopped working about a week ago as well. 

Its booked into the dealers next monday, will post an update when i get it back. 

Thanks Ianc33.

2 hours ago, pragmatix said:

Do you still have an active connect account, it's only free for the first year.

Yes, only had the car 3 months, and checked with customer service. Thanks pragmatic.

Does your car have the SOS / breakdown / info buttons up by the rear view mirror? If so is the SOS button showing a green light when the ignition is on? Often the early signs of problems with the eSIM are losing the SOS service - but the car should flag warning messages up if that is happening.

If you do have the SOS etc. buttons, and the green light is on, then the eSIM is connected. Does the satnav show roadworks  / traffic delays on routes you put in - if it does, then the car is connecting ok. On my Infotainment (not Amundsen) there is a small globe like symbol in with the symbols on the top row (things like mobile phone info if connected)  and it goes whiteish when the system has connected to the web. If yours has this info line, what's the globe show?

10 hours ago, StephenP said:

Yes, only had the car 3 months, and checked with customer service. Thanks pragmatic.

Just wondered as your car say 2020, best check the simple things first.

On 18/05/2021 at 10:23, VRT24 said:

Does your car have the SOS / breakdown / info buttons up by the rear view mirror? If so is the SOS button showing a green light when the ignition is on? Often the early signs of problems with the eSIM are losing the SOS service - but the car should flag warning messages up if that is happening.

If you do have the SOS etc. buttons, and the green light is on, then the eSIM is connected. Does the satnav show roadworks  / traffic delays on routes you put in - if it does, then the car is connecting ok. On my Infotainment (not Amundsen) there is a small globe like symbol in with the symbols on the top row (things like mobile phone info if connected)  and it goes whiteish when the system has connected to the web. If yours has this info line, what's the globe show?

Sorry for the delay in replying VRT24, and thank you for the advice.

I didn't have any of that working, but, amazingly, on Tuesday afternoon, after 8 days without it, it all came back on again and has been working fine for the last 2 days.

I have a feeling the issue was at Skoda's end, and finally got corrected.

Thank you to everyone who tried to assist me with this issue. 

To my surprise, I got into the car on Tuesday afternoon, 8 days after first having the issue, to find the system was all working perfectly again - Live Traffic, Connecting to Shop, Updating the MySkoda App etc. 

I'll monitor the situation and update this thread if the issue reoccurs.

Thank you again.