Infotainment system update

Hello guys,

I’m new to this forum, happy to be here.

I was wondering whether anyone here knows if there is a firmware update for my system.

If so, is there any way for me to download and flash an update without taking the vehicle to local service? 

The vehicle is brand new, yet there seem to be a lot of bugs in the system.

SKODA OCTAVIA, STYLE, BOLERO MIB3 (10”)

VIN# TMBAR7NX3MY125820

Thanks in advance and have a good one! 👍🏼

B122E731-699E-491B-95DF-A74C1D5CAC76.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

Last information I received is that the 1788 is going to be updated to version 1803.

It is available on the server for downloading to a USB-key, but the official release will be in a few weeks.

Kind regards

Wes

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VAGProf said:

Welcome to the forum!

Last information I received is that the 1788 is going to be updated to version 1803.

It is available on the server for downloading to a USB-key, but the official release will be in a few weeks.

Kind regards

Wes

You seem to know more than the workshops 🧐

9 hours ago, Golanl1978 said:

Thank you for the info!

Is there any way for me to get a download link to the file? 

You can't update the car on your own.  Some minor updates (like maps, T&C, etc.) will come as OTA and they will be installed automatically. All other major updates need to be installed in the workshop. 

• Like 1

Today I was informed that they are working on a new 1805 version, but they encountered some problems, so it has been delayed.

But for my old 1668 SW, still no further information. Daily faults of the park sensors and bluetooth not connecting. Will be the next owners problem, I'm switching to an Audi A3 in two weeks.

The updates are "workshop only" updates, as it works with USB and online connection at the same time.

Kind regards,

Wes

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Hey, anyone knows if the 1805 version is available? 

I have the function in android auto for wireless but it's not working. 

There is a wifi toggle inside the androidauto settings and it's on 😕

I tried connecting to the car Hotspot manually but its not working either. 

Thank you. 

IMG-20220124-WA0004.jpeg

6 hours ago, SneakySneaky said:

Hey, anyone knows if the 1805 version is available? 

I have the function in android auto for wireless but it's not working. 

There is a wifi toggle inside the androidauto settings and it's on 😕

I tried connecting to the car Hotspot manually but its not working either. 

Thank you. 

I would try contacting your dealer, there is supposedly a new version coming soon, maybe they have some information.

But those devices without a letter at the end seem to have the wireless android auto issues. 

2 hours ago, zetzet said:

I would try contacting your dealer, there is supposedly a new version coming soon, maybe they have some information.

But those devices without a letter at the end seem to have the wireless android auto issues. 

Yeah, I have contacted Champion Motors here in Israel.

They say there is no new software update for this model.

But I don't think they know what they're saying so I thought maybe ask in some other places :)

2 hours ago, SneakySneaky said:

But I don't think they know what they're saying so I thought maybe ask in some other places :)

I'm sure they know what are they saying. The only way to check something is available for your car is through the Skoda system software they are using. They enter your VIN and it shows everything that is available for your car from the factory. If some other car got a new update, it doesn't mean that the same update is also available for yours since your car might have different configuration, different modules, computer, etc.

2 hours ago, SneakySneaky said:

I don't think it's available yet. There are only rumours floating around at the moment and some VW and Seat models were leaked by testers with 1890 software version, which is the promised "fix" for most of mib3 issues.