Closing/Opening the front left door locks/unlocks the entire car

My daughter's car was doing just that and more.

I left a thread response here omewhere recently.

I read that it should be one of the microswitches in the door lock / latch.

I used a screw driver and closed the opened door lock which provoked the fault - locking / clicking / unlocking of all other doors and no display on the dash.

I took the lock out to check the model and also clean it. I only applied some more grease to one of the micro switches and the problems have disappeared - at least for the last 3 weeks .....

In preparation for the return I bought a microswitch as replacement on Aliexpress which is sitting in the drawer now.

To distinguish between switch and broken wires in the rubber boot inside the opened door, wiggle on the wires which should provoke the fault.

• 2 months later...

I've just had a similar issue and i replaced the passenger door lock mechanism. This stopped it. I think if 1 lock is faulty, it sends the message to all the others to lock. on my quest to find this i tested power down the cables on the loom and i found that grounding any of the cables in the lock loom causes it to lock or fluctuate between lock and dead lock. lock cost me £40 from a breakers yard.

Just to clarify - is this a new issue on a car that you have had for a while, or is it a new to you car. There is a setting accesable to set open all doors requiring a double click of the remote button. The devil is in the detail.

Also it assists others if you close out posts with resolutions if applicable.

Edited by KeithCheetham
Clarification

hi, this was a new problem i had a few weeks ago, where i would close the passenger door and it would lock the whole car. like something was shorting in the door. i took the card off and wiggled the electrical connector on the bottom of the lock mechanism and it would lock the whole car. so i replaced the door lock and it now doesn't do it. all i can think it was was a dodgy connection in the lock it's self.