Infotainment screen blank

melbury

My screen went blank today, no radio or anything. Stopped driving 3 times to switch off and on but to no avail. On arriving home switched off with a view to calling dealer.However before exiting the car I thought I will turn the key again to operate windows slightly.  Suddenly radio burst into life of it's own accord and no other warning signs or symbols. All this within a half hour. Thought it might have been affected by some outside interference.

On 10/06/2021 at 14:43, melbury said:

My screen went blank today, no radio or anything. Stopped driving 3 times to switch off and on but to no avail. On arriving home switched off with a view to calling dealer.However before exiting the car I thought I will turn the key again to operate windows slightly.  Suddenly radio burst into life of it's own accord and no other warning signs or symbols. All this within a half hour. Thought it might have been affected by some outside interference.

Press the on button till it restarts that is a full reset 

2 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

Press the on button till it restarts that is a full reset 

Yes, I did try that, however,  no problem since. It seems like an upgrade of some sort had been taking place at that time.  You know like it does on your PC or smart phone. But hey ! what about 'Take control of steering' or at times  'take over steering'  even though you have two hands on.  

I think I had the same problem a few weeks ago.

The car has been little used for the first months because of lockdowns etc.

Only when the rules were eased did I start using it regularly.

on the second or third time I used it. I turned the infotainment system on. Nothing apparently happened, although the screen was very slightly lighter than when it was off. It would not switch off  or respond to inputs.

Around 20 minutes into the journey it suddenly burst into life & has worked faultlessly since.

Like Melbury, I came to the conclusion that it was doing an upgrade.

Join the club, it seems that this is a common fault! My system shuts down on a regular basis.

If the radio is on , I get a high pitched noise, everything freezes- I can't switch if off. After a few moments the whole system shuts down and then starts up again tuned in to a different radio station. It happens when I'm using any function, including Android Auto. It now happens about every 20 mins or so.

I've taken it to the dealer, who can't resolve the issue but suggest a major system upgrade is on the way.

I've tried to contact Skoda customer services, but the phone numbers do not seem to work and so far I've failed to find an email address [could be just me?]  Any ideas welcomed

On top of this my Internet connected services plan [Skoda Connect] has ended, and Skoda want £80 [Not worth it my my view, even if it worked] for another year's access to a system that does not work, so far and surprisingly I've resisted the temptation to renew:biggrin:

Seems to me that the system on your car is so messed up that it should be entirely rejected.  I have so far only had the one glitch but considering all the other nonsensical  warnings and instructions I will not keep this Kamiq

I've taken it to the dealer, who can't resolve the issue but suggest a major system upgrade is on the way.

The sort of response to hope the customer goes away with a bit of hope their knackered system will work properly at some stage. 

40 minutes ago, motr1912 said:

I've taken it to the dealer, who can't resolve the issue but suggest a major system upgrade is on the way.

The sort of response to hope the customer goes away with a bit of hope their knackered system will work properly at some stage. 

It's a lousy response from any dealership . 16 months or whatever, it's a failure.  Couldnt they get a new one  and replace it.

• Like 1