Beginners advice!

mills787

Hello! It's been a while since I've had a car that I've really wanted to look after, but now I've got my superb I'm trying to keep on top of it. I've had my car polished and ceramic coated with CQuk3.0 which has done a great job of getting rid of the swirls etc. 

So I'm hoping to get some advice from you knowledgable lot!

The detailer has recommended using Turtle Wax Dry & Shine to maintain the coating....does this seem right? Could I use some thing like Autoglym rapid ceramic? Or one of the other more premium turtle wax sprays for a better, deeper finish? Or am I better off getting the Cquk reload spray? 

Appologies for all the questions!  But I'm basically confused by the massive array of waxes, sprays, graphine sprays, coloured wax sprays etc.... And want to get the best one! 

Thanks very much 

IMG_20210610_215238.jpg

The dry and shine is fine. I’ve my lot coated with race glaze pro ceramic. So all your doing is topping up a quick spray wax over the coating. Your not getting near the paint. You don’t want anything with any sort of abrasives in it. I use Rupes Uno protect every few months over mine. It’s applied with a white foam finishing pad at speed 1 on the DA. The main reason for this is to help maintain the longevity of the coating and to aid beading and self cleaning properties. 
some of those so called spray ceramics are a PITA as they streak when applied.  The spray and shine is a simple spray on wipe off product that lasts well. Britemax spray and shine is another good product for this sort of use.  Buy some very nice, very soft cloths. Spray on and apply with one. Go over with another clean one to wipe off. Then go over the entire car with a third when finished. That’s my procedure anyway. 👍🏻

Edited by UndertheRadar
Spelling
  • Love it! 1