Door trim/panel/card removal

I need to get at the electric door window driver but I cannot see an obvious way of removing the panel shown below. Can anyone help me out please?
(I have obtained a set of trim removal lever tools)
Thanks 

John

2JEV1spMBwn64QUEBwdkCDOVYIgzTXo1_4GK0el8EMpjsawxC_E8AhktexKIK787Bav78j17klbLotAH5DWpJT-04T8QnitRQNOO2sDF8xEKcP-fsuwXcEtJB6-PUUk7dNERlO2TUBttpx9ZzTjlZVQU0JBS1OdcDSW5ZlVKIi2y3jDCJWg4IzLTMmH8C8YflBgrjZXrWMuMcoam8R7zBV9wOrld317Mos7RlDXAh3CtA-qI4cHWUqPwsNSYLFVKIz0GftkWcVFskzrSW-Oz6AlpjpwOUG0uki0LgldY9hKWb9YArBklGlLW53NSoAlp7Q7jlRrtvSTcl-Y6KHnkmcUyGo8ORq4qJJ59XKl8VtLl8Gn3eoBTgKg61yZQhKzYiWW5BISMVBkmKta9cIjulUiEPpWPjhhoCPhxJPaBpgkxDjyCpHXlL5GA3OgFh3PL98nhwX4cJ8RCi-j_tpH0Eu4mFxLHS_Xu2uYuHHuI5jVZhTvV9ruGsO7mGLMDwFk7fWWk2AEdLHaA4KJgbeVwqOMSGFQC74KGIs9zSS3azdO8JVX3nSZ37WEPRX-6tIUEoO15bNrUuD8qoko0exRFJC_UZ11zKsOX9iX4a14-n5Qb9bU_upLG8nlGuoluJG_Jeq345GAWS_QatT0CVPMs1234TQRJVrcnBHxJi5Z2_lkzoJLV50FUObNrj6O7kfHXmzxlXBuu1XDTyoWUTRl819HI=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

Hi,

THanks for the 'how to'  pictures.

I managed to get the door card off without breaking anything and found this snarled up winding mechanism - see pictures.

The motor seems fine so I need to replace the mechanical bits and I've no real idea of what's involved . :(

Thanks

John

20210622_165935.jpg

20210622_165941.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi! Trying to remove my door panel, kid dropped in a coin through the window slit. Now the coin rolls back and forth every acceleration and deceleration inside the door - drives me crazy but not really something I want to spend on.

@JGrindelDo you by any chance have the schematic for the Fabia mk3 rear doors too? Or is the front door scheme not that different?

22 hours ago, gfejervary said:

Hi! Trying to remove my door panel, kid dropped in a coin through the window slit. Now the coin rolls back and forth every acceleration and deceleration inside the door - drives me crazy but not really something I want to spend on.

@JGrindelDo you by any chance have the schematic for the Fabia mk3 rear doors too? Or is the front door scheme not that different?

Hi, that sounds like a really annoying situation to be in. 

If its gone in via the window it will be behind the mech unit and will need more than just removing the door card to get access. But see the photos behind for removing the rear door. I have attached a PDF on how to remove. 

Good luck :)

Removing rear door card.pdf

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Apologies for digging out an old thread- our Fabia passenger front  window has failed in a very similar way to the pictures shown on here. I have managed to get the door card off just like the original post advised and I have removed the speaker for more access. I can see a broken wire as well as the tangled mess at the winder but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the regulator mechanism assuming that is what I need. I have watched several how to videos but all are on earlier models where you drill out rivets and remove the inner door skin. There are no such rivets on the ‘one piece’ door on our car. Any clues to what I do next and what part I need to buy?

It is a Mk 3 2018 model. I have identified the part I need from a label on the existing installation - a complete window regulator but how to get the old one out and the new one in is still beyond me.

• 4 weeks later...

Mission accomplished but it was a bit of a challenge and not for the faint of heart. Sourced a new regulator from Skoda Parts UK.   Receipt of that and examination gave a couple of hints as to what lay in store. Removal of the broken one wasn’t easy but once I found out how to remove the ‘straddle’ pin in the window glass it got a bit easier. 5mm bolt to remove the inner pin and a 8mm bolt to remove the outer pin albeit I ended up using a coarse threaded masonry fixing screw which was about 9mm dia. I had to cut one of the white plastic glass holder/sliders but I did this before I found out about the procedure for removal of the pins that secure the glass. Reassembly was a fiddle but logical except for refitting  the plastic pins. Tapering one end helped the fitting of the outer pin and I never managed to fully insert the central pin and was reluctant to force it too much as it is fitting through glass. Anyway after this- 90 minutes with a friend helping we got the window working again. We concluded that we would like to do this in a moving production line!

• Like 1

Well done.

To help a bit with removal and refitting of plastic and other bits I use a spray of an appropriate penetrating/releasing lubricant, usually GT85 I like to let the appropriate chemicals (or natural) products do as much, or all, of any hard work - but they can't do much on a PITA job like this, but then most jobs tend to be a pain in the back, neck or elsewhere to and for me.  🙃