2022 model

Ianhudson

I am trying to get a business lease quote amended and have now been told there is an apparent problem quoting the Enyaq, in transpires Skoda are transition from model year 2021 to model year 2022. You can no longer order the model year 2021. Has anyone else found this? Are they going to be changing their prices or the packages offered? Apparently they'll get me a quote back in the morning but I was just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking in to the Enyaq around the launch date, and got my Dad to reach out to a salesman at his local dealership who he's friendly with.

He was told that there was a change in the spec coming with potentially more kit as standard. I'm not sure how much truth there is in that, but it was enough to put me off ordering for now. That plus the lack of discounts available. He also hinted that once demand settled down, there would likely be reasonable discounts off the list price. As I was enquiring only a day or so after launch, they weren't really discounting at all. I'm not sure what the situation is like now.

Being so new, I don’t think there are any changes for 2022 (in the sense of new or updated parts)

However it is highly likely that specs will be changed (VW did same end of last week with ID3) so that more models are eligible for electric car grant (where price has to be under £35,000).

There was also a recent announcement by Skoda that it is simplifying options, and introducing grouped packages.   The example given at the press conference was why do they have 14 different steering wheels across the range, just adds costs and complexity.

Don't know about the change in specification, but I ordered mine on the last day of June, in order to avoid the July price list. The price of my configuration ended up going up by about a grand. So, I could tell myself I got a discount of sorts.

49 minutes ago, Cotswold said:

Don't know about the change in specification, but I ordered mine on the last day of June, in order to avoid the July price list. The price of my configuration ended up going up by about a grand. So, I could tell myself I got a discount of sorts.

mine has been ordered today on a business lease through work and went up by around £30 a month (ish) - quoting delivery around nov/dec which is good as my current car is due back in january and needs a little bit of tlc on the keyed panels :(

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just to resurrect this a bit, mine was ordered 20th July and has been confirmed as a MY22 even though when I ordered they were on MY21. I think as it was after build week 31/32 when the factory shuts down for next year retooling, it automatically became a MY22. My dealer sent over a screenshot of my order which is how I found out. He says there is no practical difference though :)

Edited by Xtopher

What e-Roottoot said above. Check that the car you will be getting has all the features you ordered at the time. There has been a lot said on the UK Enyaq Facebook group about features going missing from packs on 2022 models.

Just had word ours is on way to the port. No mention of missing features, all seem present and correct on the system screen (they sent me a screenshot) but admittedly I’ve not ordered any of the options that appear to be going missing like electric child lock and traffic jam assist. 

Elsewhere someone has posted their car arrived with 1 key with the second to arrive later.   Simply clever,. If Skoda deliver 1 million cars a year then 1 million chips to be used later.  Multiply VW group vehicles X 10 and more cars can be finished and delivered and paid for.  Short term solution.