Aircon fault - v159?

VRSPhil

Hi guys

My parents have a 2013 Yeti Greenline.  It’s a fairly basic model with A/C but it doesn’t have the dual zone climatronic stuff. 

Recently their A/C has stopped working. They took it to get looked at and the garage identified that it does actually work, but the temperature gauge needs rotating slightly AWAY from the coldest position. As you do this, the A/C cuts in and is ice cold. 

The garage has run basic settings on the flap motors, without any change. They say that it needs a new control motor. 

I have VCDS, so I’m thinking of sorting it myself, but wondered if anyone had come across this fault before?

I’m guessing it’s the v159 motor?  I’m not sure how they’ve ruled out the control dial being the culprit, however, the garage are well regarded in this area so I’ll inclined to trust their diagnosis. 

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers,

Phil. 

Maybe start with an autoscan to check for fault codes. Then see if there are any measuring blocks to see the dial position?

V159 appears to be the right flap motor looking at this: https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/yeti/heating_ventilation_air_conditioning_system/heating_air_conditioning/air_conditioner/climatronic_air_conditioner_with_automatic_regulation)/overview_of_control_motors_at_the_air_conditioning_unit_right-hand_drive/

That makes me think it's unlikely to be that flap at fault...