Back in the fold - Kamiq Monte Carlo 1.5 ordered.

Nick P

I will say though, Rainworth Sheffield have been good to deal with about this. They tried to retain my business with a bit of an offer and were understanding when I declined and asked to proceed with cancelling. They will return my deposit on Monday.

Edited by Nick P

Same if you order electric drivers seat; used to have memory function so 2 drivers could set their preferences and by the press of a button the seat etc. would glide into their chosen position. No more, electric seat but no memory! So why would anyone want an electric seat without memory function? The motor industry is going through one of their de-contenting phases and it’s only when buyers wise up and refuse to accept it that it will change.

• Love it! 1

I ordered my Kamiq back in April 2021, got it this month (Monte Carlo 110), noticed I have auto dimming rear mirror, folding side mirrors that came as standard, the only things I paid for additionally was the Virtual Cockpit (was on a deal so instead of being 4,500 SEK around £370 I got it less than half price, and electronically heated windscreen which is needed during the winter seasons for sure).

Below is everything that came as standard for my car (English translations below)

image.thumb.png.48e57611a4b3cc33087d6c4742bf46cd.png

17 "VOLANS Black alloy wheels
Infotainment BOLERO 8" touch screen in glass design incl.USB-C port
3-spoke leather steering wheel (red stitch) with multifunction buttons for radio and telephone
ISOFIX brackets for the rear seats and front passenger seats
6 airbags incl. Detachable passenger airbag
Ice scraper in the fuel cap
8 speakers
dimmable rear mirror 
Radiator grille black
ACC - adaptive cruise control, up to 210 km/h 
Lane Assist - lane change assistant (excl. Lane change assist)
Auto Light Assist - headlight assistance with coming / leaving home function
LED interior lighting - white
Climatronic - 2 zone automatic air conditioning 
Rear center armrest
Decor Carbon 
Center armrest front with storage compartment
Rear fog light on the driver 's side 
Multi - impact brake
Front fog light with curve function - lights up auto. below 40 km / h 
Panoramic glass roof not openable with sun protection
Driver alert - fatigue warning system 
Umbrella in the driver's door
Easy start - keyless start and stop system 
Parking sensors front and rear (standard from prod. week 48, 2020)
Electric window lifts front and rear 
Pedals in stainless sports design
Electrically heated steering wheel Phonebox - wireless charging of smartphone + LTE (standard from prod. week 48, 2020)
Electrically heated front seats 
Rain sensor
ESC - Electronic stabilization system 
Sports seats in Monte Carlo upholstery - red / black carbon / artificial leather
Remote central locking 
Black details on front and rear bumpers
Vehicle tools 
Black exterior mirrors and door handles painted in the cars colour
Front Assist - radar detection of the area in front of the car, incl. pedestrian sensor and auto. brake
Wireless connection of mobile phone via Bluetooth
Full LED headlights with AFS - beam width control from the outside driving conditions, animated turn signals
Wireless SmartLink + - Apple Carplay, Android Auto and Mirrorlink (standard from product week 48, 2020)
Full LED taillight incl. Animated turn signals 
Heated headlight cleaning
Trip computer with Maxi DOT information display Sunset - tinted windows from the b-pillar and back
Reinforced noise level protection 
Roof rails black gloss 
Glasses compartment 
Variable load floor
Rubber and fabric mats 
Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable, electrically heated and electrically retractable
ŠKODA Care Connect - proactive service and emergency calls (eCall) 10 years
Hill Hold control - maintains the brake pressure for a few seconds start uphill
ŠKODA letters on the tailgate in black 
Height-adjustable driver and passenger seat with lumbar support

34 minutes ago, JordanTS said:

I ordered my Kamiq back in April 2021, got it this month (Monte Carlo 110), noticed I have auto dimming rear mirror, folding side mirrors that came as standard, the only things I paid for additionally was the Virtual Cockpit (was on a deal so instead of being 4,500 SEK around £370 I got it less than half price, and electronically heated windscreen which is needed during the winter seasons for sure).

Below is everything that came as standard for my car (English translations below)

image.thumb.png.48e57611a4b3cc33087d6c4742bf46cd.png

17 "VOLANS Black alloy wheels
Infotainment BOLERO 8" touch screen in glass design incl.USB-C port
3-spoke leather steering wheel (red stitch) with multifunction buttons for radio and telephone
ISOFIX brackets for the rear seats and front passenger seats
6 airbags incl. Detachable passenger airbag
Ice scraper in the fuel cap
8 speakers
dimmable rear mirror 
Radiator grille black
ACC - adaptive cruise control, up to 210 km/h 
Lane Assist - lane change assistant (excl. Lane change assist)
Auto Light Assist - headlight assistance with coming / leaving home function
LED interior lighting - white
Climatronic - 2 zone automatic air conditioning 
Rear center armrest
Decor Carbon 
Center armrest front with storage compartment
Rear fog light on the driver 's side 
Multi - impact brake
Front fog light with curve function - lights up auto. below 40 km / h 
Panoramic glass roof not openable with sun protection
Driver alert - fatigue warning system 
Umbrella in the driver's door
Easy start - keyless start and stop system 
Parking sensors front and rear (standard from prod. week 48, 2020)
Electric window lifts front and rear 
Pedals in stainless sports design
Electrically heated steering wheel Phonebox - wireless charging of smartphone + LTE (standard from prod. week 48, 2020)
Electrically heated front seats 
Rain sensor
ESC - Electronic stabilization system 
Sports seats in Monte Carlo upholstery - red / black carbon / artificial leather
Remote central locking 
Black details on front and rear bumpers
Vehicle tools 
Black exterior mirrors and door handles painted in the cars colour
Front Assist - radar detection of the area in front of the car, incl. pedestrian sensor and auto. brake
Wireless connection of mobile phone via Bluetooth
Full LED headlights with AFS - beam width control from the outside driving conditions, animated turn signals
Wireless SmartLink + - Apple Carplay, Android Auto and Mirrorlink (standard from product week 48, 2020)
Full LED taillight incl. Animated turn signals 
Heated headlight cleaning
Trip computer with Maxi DOT information display Sunset - tinted windows from the b-pillar and back
Reinforced noise level protection 
Roof rails black gloss 
Glasses compartment 
Variable load floor
Rubber and fabric mats 
Exterior mirrors: electrically adjustable, electrically heated and electrically retractable
ŠKODA Care Connect - proactive service and emergency calls (eCall) 10 years
Hill Hold control - maintains the brake pressure for a few seconds start uphill
ŠKODA letters on the tailgate in black 
Height-adjustable driver and passenger seat with lumbar support

Jordan, assuming you ordered your car in Sweden, UK spec cars are different to Europe.

24 minutes ago, AJ89 said:

Jordan, assuming you ordered your car in Sweden, UK spec cars are different to Europe.

Yup, we get the Brexit Dividend special edition spec. :sadsmile:

Seriously though, it's quite a drastically different standard spec level isn't it between Sweden and UK.

I notice that Swedish spec is missing navigation, virtual dashboard and 18" wheels.

But you get heated seats, proper rear view mirror, electrically folding door mirrors, heated seats, keyless etc.

The UK spec is more style over substance, compared to the Swedish one.

Edited by Nick P
  • Like 1

That's strange, I know some specs would differ being from different climates but I didn't think it would be at a point they would take away things and start charging as a option, quite a kick in the teeth.

If they'd made the dimming mirror available as an option for <£100 I'd have probably just grumbled a bit, added the option and kept the order.

19 minutes ago, Nick P said:

Yup, we get the Brexit Dividend special edition spec. :sadsmile:

Seriously though, it's quite a drastically different standard spec level isn't it between Sweden and UK.

I notice that Swedish spec is missing navigation, virtual dashboard and 18" wheels.

But you get heated seats, proper rear view mirror, electrically folding door mirrors, heated seats, keyless etc.

The UK spec is more style over substance, compared to the Swedish one.

Oh, are the 18" wheels standard on the UK spec?? I remember them costing almost £900 as an option but didn't feel like it was worth it since we are required to have winter wheels by law, they cost over £1000(nordic non-studded tires & 16" skoda alloys).

Navigation I was not so bothered about since it came with CarPlay as standard and the navigation pack with the bigger 9" display was well over £1500 to option it.

The fact that it was missing the Virtual Cockpit was a big miss for me, wasn't going to consider the car but they had this deal on for it for less than half the price which I was more than happy to pay.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JordanTS said:

That's strange, I know some specs would differ being from different climates but I didn't think it would be at a point they would take away things and start charging as a option, quite a kick in the teeth.

Seems to be different specs across Europe and Australia/New Zealand. 

No matter how you look at it, the UK spec is sub par.