SatNav keeps disconnecting

RugbyRay

I have a Kamiq 1.5 SEL Petrol  150ps registered September 2020, and on a recent trip to Lincoln the satnav dropped out at least six times, often just as I was approaching a complicated route, very annoying! I have a Garmin Satnav which has never ever done this, so blaming satellites, weather and trees can't be the cause?

Does anyone have similar experience of this?

Join the club, it seems that this is a common fault! My system shuts down on a regular basis.

If the radio is on , I get a high pitched noise, everything freezes- I can't switch if off. After a few moments the whole system shuts down and then starts up again tuned in to a different radio station. It happens when I'm using any function, including Android Auto. It now happens about every 20 mins or so.

I've taken it to the dealer, who can't resolve the issue but suggest a major system upgrade is on the way.

I've tried to contact Skoda customer services, but the phone numbers do not seem to work and so far I've failed to find an email address [could be just me?]  Any ideas welcomed

On top of this my Internet connected services plan [Skoda Connect] has ended, and Skoda want £80 [Not worth it my my view, even if it worked] for another year's access to a system that does not work, so far and surprisingly I've resisted the temptation to renew

I have been contacted by my local dealer and my 1.0 SEL DSG is now booked in for a complete system upgrade.

Apparently the whole operating system is being stripped off and a new [hopefully improved] one installed.

I also mentioned an issue with the drivers seat back rest which seems to self recline over a period of time. This, again, is a known issue and may require the existing seat back to be completely replaced.

I will keep everyone informed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2021 at 12:14, Lawlesstce said:

Join the club, it seems that this is a common fault! My system shuts down on a regular basis.

If the radio is on , I get a high pitched noise, everything freezes- I can't switch if off. After a few moments the whole system shuts down and then starts up again tuned in to a different radio station. It happens when I'm using any function, including Android Auto. It now happens about every 20 mins or so.

I've taken it to the dealer, who can't resolve the issue but suggest a major system upgrade is on the way.

I've tried to contact Skoda customer services, but the phone numbers do not seem to work and so far I've failed to find an email address [could be just me?]  Any ideas welcomed

On top of this my Internet connected services plan [Skoda Connect] has ended, and Skoda want £80 [Not worth it my my view, even if it worked] for another year's access to a system that does not work, so far and surprisingly I've resisted the temptation to renew

I had the same issue over the past two weeks in the Lake District.  High pitch sound and the whole infotainment system reboots, every 15-20mins whilst away.  Booked in but since leaving the area it hasn't happened once.  I guess with the roads it drops GPS and can't keep up with the roads and fails.  I too just come out of the Skoda connect 1st year, not paying £80 to know if I have locked the car, on top of I actually couldn't lock on the app unless I went to the dealer with ID, odd that I had to show ID to pay the car...

Maybe too late to the party but, I currently have a Kodiaq with a Columbus system. About 5 weeks after buying the car 3 years ago I was driving in France and a similar thing happened to me about 6 times in 2 days.

I took it into the dealer on my return and they checked for loose connections (didn't find any) and rebooted the system, since which I've had no recurrence.

Rebooting the system is easy and if you don't know how, just keep your finger on the on/off icon until you hear a bleep, the switch the system on again.

You could also try reverting to factory settings, again, easy to do.

Not saying these things will work for you, but they're easy, so worth a try.

I'm buying a Kamiq next week, so I hope I don't get the same problems. :blink:

I had the updated system installed last week, so far so good, but cannot register me as the primary user and so cannot use Skoda Connect. [ Weakened and paid £36.00 to get internet access in the hope it would resolve some issues, it didn't ]

The garage doesn't seem to know what to do, Skoda do not answer emails or the phone.

How to lose a good reputation in two easy moves. 1 . Install a system that doesn't work  2. Don't respond to customer complaints 

On 03/07/2021 at 12:26, skoda1982 said:

Mine is going in for the primary user issue. Then he mentioned a complete system update coming 

What was the answer to the primary user issue?  I have the same problem 

5 hours ago, Lawlesstce said:

What was the answer to the primary user issue?  I have the same problem 

You have to take to dealers to have an update. Its something to go with a safety programme during production that they are serposed to delete at the end but loads did not so you cannot become primary user it happens when you do the 2 key process. Phone skoda customer service 

Edited by skoda1982

• 3 weeks later...

Booked in for the second system update in the last two months. Let's hope this one is better than the first.

System doesn't seem very robust