Michelin PS4s

Are they any good as I've had to order those in the absence of GY Asymmetric 3s that I wanted and tyre companies say they have and haven't got?

Got a pair being fitted on Tuesday at home for £187.40.

1 hour ago, TheWanderer said:

Are they any good as I've had to order those in the absence of GY Asymmetric 3s that I wanted and tyre companies say they have and haven't got?

I can certainly vouch for them as I have a full set on my car. I find they give good grip in the dry as well as the wet. I am running 329bhp and they stand up to the power very well without too much wheel spin. In fact, you do have to really boot it before any hint of wheel spin in the lower gears occurs. Well impressed to be honest with them. Looks like you got a pair of PS4S tyres for a good price there. I actually have my tyres in a width now of 235 instead of the standard 225. Helps protect the 19 inch alloys, as well as put a bit more rubber on the road. 

Edited by roaddetective

55 minutes ago, flybynite said:

PS4 or PS4S (PS4s or PS4Ss) ?

Lol, I have the same problem every time these are discussed.  Can’t decided if folk are taking about the PS4S or multiple PS4 tyres. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Second vouch here. Had it not been for the near £90 difference for a set of 4 I would have stuck with the PS4's instead went for GYA5.

I'm impressed with the 5's having had a set of the GYA3's on my old Leon.

I would say the PS4's are harder walled and over a better turn in.

That said 99% of the time the pair are equal in performance for me. The Michelins would edge it when using that last 5% of performance which ultimately for me would be on a track not a road.

(PS4's being multiples of the PS4 and not the PS4S)

2 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

As well as the PS4 Sport there are PS4 Super Sport in some sizes.

It would be more confusing but the Super Sport is not a PS4, it is a Pilot Super Sport (PSS) :tongueout:  Good tyre but it was replaced by the PS4S which is better

15 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

And thanks for the vote of confidence in them.

Another vote from me, PS4 on the Octy and no plan to get anything different.  On things with a bit more power I tend to use PS4S.

GY range are good tyres currently and in real daily use just as good, they are cheaper and also have mother of rim protectors, which is useful.

I have another favourite tyre though : Bridgestone A005 evo. not the quietest tyre but absolutely stonking tyre in the biblical rain we seem to get in the UK, doesn't melt in what we call a summer and will keep you out of a ditch if it does actually snow. I use it as a winter tyre when the PS4S comes off.

Octy stil gets proper winters though as they work on wet ice.

Got some Conti TS850 or 860s on what were some decent alloy rims until an old codger driving a Jaguar forced me into a kerb and damaged the rims of two.

Not been used for a couple of years now because the weather hasn't warranted their fitment. 

• 4 months later...