New software update released yesterday (5th) that apparently fixes everything?

Nice short post... I today, following my post yesterday highlighted my intention to reject this Octavia back to the dealer due to the following:

1) SOS Warnings

2) Numerous warnings including front assist etc

3) Infotainment regularly hanging on "Loading Settings" which even a restart doesn't sort (have to leave the car for 20 minutes instead)

4) Braking on the motorway when overtaking because the car thinks I am abroad

5) Various other things

Apparently an update was released in the latter end of the afternoon yesterday (the 5th). Has anybody done this and can they confirm it has actually fixed the above? Personally, I still want to proceed with the rejection based on how poor the whole experience has been, but if it is genuinely fixed? Not sure I believe it though?

Any insight would be most appreciated.

All the best fellow Skoda owners!

Jay

I am awaiting a call from the garage to upload SOS infotainment  software fix, nothing yet. But in the meantime if you press the red sos call button above your head and then cancel the call when you hear the voice option to cancel. You should find that this clears the SOS fault and resets the infotainment system. - until the next time it glitches 

• Like 1

As in fixes the "Loading Settings"? Is this linked to the SOS thing?

I'm not convinced this will truly be fixed... so I might still push with rejection. I am guessing you're planning on keeping your car then mate?

Hi Jaypay,

Yes, keeping the car.

I have had the SOS glitch a few times, seems to happen in the same area in Portsmouth, very close to a major radar site.

When it happens it knocks out my infotainment system, with it constantly looking for user settings, no volume, no phone, no radio etc. lasted over a week until I read the SOS fix on this forum a week ago.

I have also had auto braking on the motorway, but only when going down hill?

SOS Fix

Engage ignition press the red SOS call button and only cancel by pressing again once you hear the voice option to do so. Shortly afterwards you should have cleared all related faults.

JayPay, I have all had all the problems that you list. They randomly happen at start up, the most annoying is the  "Loading User Settings" which happens quite often and will not go away. I have never had the braking when overtaking problem but I have the SE model. To me, it has been more annoying than dangerous and the car itself has always behaved predictably. I will be very happy if these software glitches have all been solved but apart from these inconveniences, the basic car has been very good and I have no intention of returning it. The fuel consumption is outstanding and the comfort, ride and style of the car is good. Thank you for the info.

Those radars are not on all the time and I’d expect you’d be very unlucky if you drive by all the time. Having said that, the black one is a powerful blighter. 

2 hours ago, JayPay said:

Nice short post... I today, following my post yesterday highlighted my intention to reject this Octavia back to the dealer due to the following:

1) SOS Warnings

2) Numerous warnings including front assist etc

3) Infotainment regularly hanging on "Loading Settings" which even a restart doesn't sort (have to leave the car for 20 minutes instead)

4) Braking on the motorway when overtaking because the car thinks I am abroad

5) Various other things

Apparently an update was released in the latter end of the afternoon yesterday (the 5th). Has anybody done this and can they confirm it has actually fixed the above? Personally, I still want to proceed with the rejection based on how poor the whole experience has been, but if it is genuinely fixed? Not sure I believe it though?

Any insight would be most appreciated.

All the best fellow Skoda owners!

Jay

What was your current SW version and what is the new one?

3 minutes ago, sdolenec said:

What was your current SW version and what is the new one?

Not sure mate as my car is downstairs - However, it is booked in on Wednesday, but have the option to reject tomorrow.... feel like I have a massive decision to make. Either 

1) Reject the car tomorrow, and look at something else completely

2) Chance that the update might just fix all of the above, but then again, it might not

Guessing you're keeping yours too?

Interesting comment regarding the SOS call fault and radars.

I’ve only had 2 issues with the SOS function, both times were passing the end of one of the runways at Heathrow - one at the end of a 200 mile journey, the other when setting off home. Coincidence?

I do not need to reject car.. car has only small SW bugs which will be eventually fixed..

One HW problem which will be fixed in 14 days, but this is small glich from the factory - right light is not in correct position..

Mine is booked in for the 23rd. I got very concerned when on Saturday it turned off the airbags etc.  In the last two weeks its  also temporarily disabled park assist, auto start, hill start. How did they manage to release a car with so many potentially dangerous bugs?