Citigo Retrofit Auto headlights and Auto Wipers Help

maxychat

I was wondering if anyone on this forum may be kind enough to help me.  Maybe some one can tell me where I've made a mistake either wiring or on VCDS.

I was installing Cruise Control this week into the Citigo BCM and thought I'd try to install auto wipers and auto auto headlights to see if it was possible to get them working. 

I installed the RLS sensor 5K7955559C from another Citigo and connected that to the BCM at T37b pin 24 [lin bus] according to wiring manual and then the other pins of the sensor to ground and 12v.  It shows up as working in VCDS with the coding 0228DD. 

Using VCDS I changed the following:

STG 09

Byte 08 Bit 0 active - I believe this is RLS Installed

Byte 14 Bit 1 active - I believe this is Rain sensor active

I then ran a wire from the BCM T73a pin 37 to a Citigo Auto Headlight switch 1ST941431C at T10ar pin 2 as shown in the wiring manual.

Using VCDS I changed the following:

STG 09

Byte 13 Bit 7 active - I believe this is Light sensor active

Byte 14 Bit 1 active - I believe this is Assistant driving light active

Anyway after all this Auto headlights aren't working.  The switch works perfectly except on Auto where it simply leaves the headlight on irrespective of the light conditions and I get the fault code "01800 - Light Switch(E1): Implausible signal".  When I put the switch in the auto position 12v is sent to through pin2 to the BCM.  I did notice that pin 9 was sending 12v in the off position and then nothing when switched on - I tried shorting it to pin 2 in the blind hope that may work but made no difference.

[I haven't installed the correct wiper arm with speed control, ideally that would be after getting the headlights to work as a proof of concept]

If anyone can help I would be very grateful and ideally would be able to write a guide for anyone who in the future wished to do so for their Citigo/Up/Mii

Thanks

Edited by maxychat

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  The automatic wiper do actually work as shown in the video I took this morning. 

The way I've described above is actually correct but I had mistakenly thought that it worked with the wiper stalk in the off position but the sensor only kicks into life and starts humming when the wiper stalk are switched to the slow position, i.e up one position.   At the moment I have no control over the sensitivity since I don't have the correct stalk for that but I'll be buying that now I know that it works.  

If anyone is interested in fitting it I will write a guide on the part numbers and wiring harness needed plus VCDS adaptation etc.  It should be the same for UP! Citigo and Mii too which is good, since I haven't been able to find a single guide anywhere online.  It's actually not that difficult.  

Now I just need to figure out why the auto headlights aren't working

• 1 year later...

Hi, I saw your post on upownersclub.co.uk and I’m really interested in this modification. I don’t have a citigo, but I have an Up! And, as you said, it’s the same.

Sorry for my English, there may be some mistakes.

hey there @anto0844 yeah it's the exact same as the UP!  I tried quite a few things but I couldn't get it to work and then slowly lost interest.  I think the wiring is all correct but I think the coding isn't wrong, or the sensor is faulty but that's unlikely since the auto wipers work.  Maybe next summer I'll try again.  If both can be made to work then it would be a really good mod to do for the Citigo/UP!/Mii

If anyone want's to help me work it out please do say!