Maxton Design VRS Grill

Has anyone fitted a Maxton Design front grill?

https://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/front-grill-skoda-octavia-2-facelift

I'm trying to find some pics of what it's like on a fairly stock car (the one on their site has eyebrows and weird wheels).  Also any insight on how easy it is to fit! 

Ideally I just wanted the standard black one with the black badge from SuperSkoda but, you know, #bluepassports 

27 minutes ago, phil08 said:

Can’t help but feel it looks better with a badge?!

looks a bit max power?

Yeah exactly that's what I'm thinking... I don't like the lip where the badge should be.  That's why I wanted this one:

http://www.kopacek.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Octavia-II-Facelift-09-13-grille-frame-painted-in-MAGIC-BLACK-F9R-with-new-original-Skoda-Emblem

I know there's the option for getting my existing one de-chromed or something but haven't had much experience with that sort of thing (and what happens to it when it gets pressure washed etc)

14 hours ago, phil08 said:

I guess you could try wrapping it black or getting it wrapped maybe cheaper then a new grill?

Yeah that's what I was thinking regarding de-chroming but not something i've got involved with before.  

2 minutes ago, Gissin said:

I had mine dechromed painted by a body shop, wasn't that expensive 

59d72ccdd1b99_grillnew.thumb.jpg.c130d93498fca12704886ba150bfd5f9.jpg

Ok yeah that looks great! Will make enquiries, have some bush scratches down the side of the car that could do with looking at from driving down very narrow Devon roads while I'm there!