Passenger doors can not be open inside/outside instead of using the car key

Skoda Octavia Mk1 2003, 1.9 Diesel Estate

Long story that lead to the central locking system does not work at all.
1. Started around 1 year ago the right forward mirorr adjustment stopped working
2. Next step, the right forward (driver) door did not open with key FOB. I started to use the key to open the doors
3. The right rear door did not open in every time when I used the key
4. 3 days ago I was not able to open the fuel cap flap by switch inside, only to disengage manually
5. Yesterday noticed using the key it opens only the right forward and boot doors. All three passenger doors left locked and I'm not able to open them from inside as well. Windows up-down are working.

Any suggestion what could cause these anomalies?

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Gyorgy said:

Any suggestion what could cause these anomalies?

Yes: a break in the wiring to the driver's door, probably inside the rubber bellows in the jamb, and needing a continuity test to confirm.

• Like 2

Found missing, corroded contactors in window electric motor connector. Bur the 3 passenger doors are still locked. Is there any solution to open at least one passenger doors somehow? Interior handle does not open it, tried to disconnect battery, no result.

Thanks for any idea.

I still not able to open any of three passenger doors instead of using the key from outside neither using inside handles. The lock buttons can be raised by the inside handle, but they are forced to go down in locked position. (The central lock does not work, does not make any sound or button movement).

Any help please how can I open at leaset one locked door?

58 minutes ago, Gyorgy said:

(The central lock does not work, does not make any sound or button movement).

Big clue to the actual fault. You almost certainly have a broken wire in the bellows to the driver's door, and need to continuity test those wires.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

It looks like the three door locks are in emergency locked postion and they are not released. Any idea? Driver door wires are checked, no broken wires. Sombody said may be one of the three door lock is faulty or the wire, contacts going to them are faulty.

But how can we found it?

There are no more fault codes in the door lock system, that I had before: 01336  80-00 Single-wire operation, 00929 - 27-00 Implausible Signal - Front passenger side (F221), Rear right (F223), 

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00928

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=F221+27-00+implausible+signal+central+locking

The above links might help.

I know you said the locking mechanism doesn't make any sound, but if it's not moving it may not make any sound or make less sound than others. Plus when they all lock/unlock (or try to) I think it would be difficult to hear if one particular lock was or wasn't trying to move.

I often have trouble getting doors to unlock. What I have found works to unlock my front passenger door is starting the engine (more voltage that way), press the unlock button on the driver's door repeatedly while simultaneously pulling the interior door handle on the passenger door, also repeatedly.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

If you have checked the loom for continuity on all of the pins across the blocks and there are no breaks, then you’ll have to go down the route of getting into the door and replace the locks.

Full guide here;

Decent after market locks are around £17 each. And, as much as I wanted to keep it OEM, the originals are far to expensive. 

I use aftermarket ones from eBay and a year later, they’re still working perfectly fine.

• Like 1