It's been a while

Welcome back. 4 years went so quick. 
what do you think of the Leon what do you have exactly? You went from a 07 Octy? Plus of course tell more about new Octavia also😜 

• Like 1

I currently have the 181bhp Leon FR diesel. It's the bigger brake, rear independent suspension version on 18s. I really like it, quick and economical. My old 07 Octavia was scrapped I heard a couple of months back, sold to a mate and too much to fix. Not sure what happened as they aren't car people

The Octavia is a 67 plate, 230bhp petrol with heated seats and black pack? I believe it's the wheels, black rails and carbon look interior. 

I've not actually seen it yet, my wife went yesterday and fell for it, lol. It's our first auto and looking forward to collecting it next Thursday. 

• Like 2

On 23/07/2021 at 07:22, zeffania said:

I currently have the 181bhp Leon FR diesel. It's the bigger brake, rear independent suspension version on 18s. I really like it, quick and economical. My old 07 Octavia was scrapped I heard a couple of months back, sold to a mate and too much to fix. Not sure what happened as they aren't car people

The Octavia is a 67 plate, 230bhp petrol with heated seats and black pack? I believe it's the wheels, black rails and carbon look interior. 

I've not actually seen it yet, my wife went yesterday and fell for it, lol. It's our first auto and looking forward to collecting it next Thursday. 

Leon sounds really nice. I didn’t know they did such a powerful diesel version. Independent suspension i am sure makes a difference, we have a 2013 1.2Tsi Tech which is solid beam. Lovely cars to look at and loaded with toys. How do you get bigger brakes is that a factory option on the FR? Did you go manual or DSG? Hatch or estate ? This is almost like a Golf GTD but way cheaper right?

3 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

Leon sounds really nice. I didn’t know they did such a powerful diesel version. Independent suspension i am sure makes a difference, we have a 2013 1.2Tsi Tech which is solid beam. Lovely cars to look at and loaded with toys. How do you get bigger brakes is that a factory option on the FR? Did you go manual or DSG? Hatch or estate ? This is almost like a Golf GTD but way cheaper right?

Seat offered the 150 and 180 versions of the 2l. The more powerful got the independent suspension and bigger brakes as part of the package. Mines manual, hatch and a great little car. I'm very much looking forward to the vrs arriving as I've wanted one since my fabia vrs went nearly 11 years ago. 

I can see me and the wife arguing over who drives but at least I can stop moaning at her changing great at the wrong time 🤣

16 hours ago, gav_is_con said:

It sounds like the Vrs Octavia wins over the Leon, maybe it’s the 230bhp!

Sorry I mean I wasn't ever fussed about driving the cmax, our family car. The vrs on the otherhand....

The Leon is still mine for daily use as I need it for business miles and the vrs won't be insured for that

Edited by zeffania

• 3 weeks later...

@zeffania How you getting on with Android Auto?  If you press and HOLD the Menu button, go to Version/Software/Firmware and Software Version - post that screen on here. Upgrades [to make Android Auto work] are probably available. One of your photos showed no maps - do you have a maps card for your Amunsden?

Edited by varaderoguy

1 hour ago, varaderoguy said:

@zeffania How you getting on with Android Auto?  If you press and HOLD the Menu button, go to Version/Software/Firmware and Software Version - post that screen on here. Upgrades [to make Android Auto work] are probably available. One of your photos showed no maps - do you have a maps card for your Amunsden?

Map is showing up, but I was able to grab a map update this morning when I popped in the vin. It didn't show a firmware update, but I'll grab a shot of the details tonight. Didn't play around too much last night and the battery warning popped up. I guess it's not had many runs whilst on the forecourt

@zeffania Hello there; glad the maps have updated.  Firstly, welcome back to the Octavia fold....

You won't find any firmware updates for the MIB system on the Skoda updateportal - its a sad annoying fact that we've had to do our own legwork on this one.  If you send us a screenshot for the info I've requested above, then you can hopefully download the update and get your system up to spec (because Android Auto is grumpy in anything less than 0478 firmware).

Re: Battery.  The MK3.5's (BTW, love the colour) need their battery topped up regularly to keep the CANBUS network happy.  If you aren't doing many miles at the moment, can I recommend the following is purchased: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233409015194

This is a 12V solar panel charger that connects into the ODBC port under your right leg on the driver's side.  This will keep the battery nicely charged up when not in use. 

There are also many mods that can be done to improve your car - I also suggest that you purchase a copy of ODBEleven which will allow you to enable the wonderful world of mod'ing and it will also enable you to read any error logs from the car.

Edited by varaderoguy
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for the response

I've ordered a matching footrest so far, lol. Also I have a mate with an old vagcom cable for tweaks if there are many you can turn on

Hope this is the right info

IMG_20210812_182831.jpg

IMG_20210812_182825.jpg

IMG_20210812_182819.jpg

IMG_20210812_182813.jpg

Edited by zeffania
Missed a bit

15 hours ago, varaderoguy said:

Almost there....at the top of the screen, there is also another button marked Versions... could you press that and take a photo of that screen for us pls?

The bottom two pictures with logging at the top is from the versions tab

Okay - you have a Columbus system!  NICE!

If you don't have a Canton sound system, I can recommend enabling up Skoda Surround and Virtual Base.  You will know if you have a Canton system by the Canton logo on the door speakers.

If you have Canton, you cannot improve the sound any further - if you don't and have normal speakers - then follow this:

Your firmware is slightly old but not disasterous.  Dealer time and ask them for version P4200 or above.  You also need to go to https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/

and type in your VIN number - and download the latest maps for your MIB system - your maps are from 2018.  You can also download the later VW group maps from the Columbus forum:

• Like 1

Thank you for your help. No Canton sound, just basic system sadly. 

I have already downloaded the latest map, just need to get it uploaded. 

When you say dealer help, would it be something I need to go to see them or will they give me a link please? Sorry to ask so many questions 

If the dealer has a firmware update - which they will do - it may fix the instability of Android Auto. You might get lucky with the Skoda update portal but generally maps are free and available but device updates never are. If it service effecting then Skoda should fix it under a warranty claim.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Car had to go to the dealer as the discs and pads needed replacing. They tested Android auto with no issues so the delivery driver deleted all profiles and we were able to add our phones. Weird, but glad it's sorted