Columbus Infotainment System - Volume Control

Morning all,

This may be a settings issue or a problem with the steering controls. I am pretty sure the volume control on the steering wheel used to display a volume bar on the dash and the infotainment screen. However mine now seems to have stopped displaying this whilst listening to music and during calls.

When I use the main volume control it shows the volume bar on the screen and if I use the steering control when the bar is visible it goes up and down however it doesn't stay and disappears after a few seconds.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so is there a fix? Or am I just being dumb and I have turned something off in the settings, although I haven't touched any of the settings in a while.

Thanks.

I've got an Amundsen system and mine sometimes doesn't momentarily display the volume on the dashboard, although the volume control works perfectly, so not been bothered about it.

Would be nice to know if anybody has an answer as to why though!

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Cubbington
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies and sorry just for clarity, it used to show during adjustments now it doesn't. That's on both the dash and infotainment system.

The main controller for volume still displays when adjusting but the steering controllers doe not. Which I'm sure it used too.

Didn't know if this was the start of the demise of my steering controls lol as I know there have been some reports they are quite troublesome.

Edited by ZubSub

Amundsen here with similar behaviour. It's most likely a software issue and not a hardware problem.

Sometimes helps if you can reboot it by holding down the power button for long enough (15 secs?)

• Thanks 1

After I finished work yesterday it was fine again so I am presuming it was just having a little glitch. But again I hope this isn't the slow decline of the steering wheel controls lol.

Thanks again for everyone's replies.