2013 1.2 tdi greenline high mileage reluability

Hi ..newbie here and nice forum

I know of a greenline 1.2 tdi with a 143.0000 miles i have been offered it cheap and just have a few questioms i can not find answers to omline .

Does it have a dual mass flywheel?

euro car parts etc dont stock one?

Also does this engine  gearbox have any known issues ?

At 143,000 miles dou think within reason it could have some life left in it 

As obvioudly it is a small 3 cylinder and not a pd engine .

also anything else of intetest with this model would be great to hetr as sounds an interesting little car with the clsimed mpg figures could be cheap motoring 

Thanks in advance

Chris 

1 hour ago, Chrissouthern said:

Apologies i cant seem to edit post to correct typos i am trying to do this

Edit is a time expiring option on the ellipsis "..." top right of your post. No idea about this engine though.

Unsure about the 1.2 but I have an older Greenie, clocking up around 160,000 miles now. Did have a new replacement engine, under warranty, at around 50,000 so its actually done less on the engine but that was due to oil pump chain snapping.

Usual issues with cars but nothing to put me off owning. I am going to have to upgrade soon due to the ULEZ coming in late October (Thanks Mayor Khan).

I would keep an eye on the DPF filter. If you do long miles, great but lots of small journeys may fill it up quick and you do need to do a regen, before stopping the engine as it will otherwise go in to limp mode and need a forced one done. Better still, if someone prior to you paid out for a delete, without your knowledge and you was not aware of or had any issues. :angel: That could have cost them up to £500 but I think the costs have come down somewhat, with more tuning places going the job. 

As far as I am aware, there is no dual mass flywheel on these but I  stand to be corrected.

ECP, CP4L, and other places like those, do good prices on many parts but be sure to buy online, with a code to get discounts otherwise, at the door, it will cost more! Additionally, check any price with the main dealer first as they may just be a better deal. Some bits and bobs are!

I would also check its history, to be sure it has not been in an accident, etc as this will lower its value a bit (At this age/mileage, not too much) But also, you might have to show your insurer a certificate or report from an engineer, to show any repair was carried out properly. This is quite likely if it was a CAT S write-off, as that is structural. Don't assume it has an MOT so is good to go. That should be good enough for a CAT N, though.

Hopefully, it will be clean anyway but I have also read of stolen/recovered cars, that have sustained damage but only got written-off for the theft, so the damage could have been repaired, the car re-sold and left unrecorded! The funny thing is, insurers are happy to sell these vehicles on but are funny about re-insuring them... Double standards, to a degree. If they are happy about any repair, the insurance price should not be ramped up due to the car's history so don't be afraid to let them know. It could bite you on the bum if undeclared and then discovered, down the line somewhere. 

Gearbox issues usually relate to linkages, akin to the wiper motors. The linkages get a bit jammed up, causing difficult changes but usually, its a routine, service maintenance type repair, often caused by lack of use, rather then wear and tear. Not too expensive and supposedly do-able by a competent home mechanic. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/01/2022 at 21:24, micmac37 said:

151k on my Fabia 1.2TDI Greenline estate now and still going strong.

Main thing now is exhaust at car is one of the first on an 10plate and deteriorated a lot.

Bar that nothing out of ordinary wear & tear items.

Mine going great..78k on the clock, looks like it's just run in then?  Took it out early this morning and was surprised how willing the engine was! Not the least bit sluggish! Bought a tow bar bike carrier and off cycling today...quite like this car it's sort of fun to drive..my previous car wasn't a lot of fun in any department.