Upgrade to Columbus unit

Hi folks,

I have recently upgraded from a Bolero to a columbus unit in my 2011 Octavia Estate Greenline. 

I have fitted the unit and a new Bluetooth controller,  I'm using loom of part number 1K8035730D.  

This loom has a green block which connects directly into the head unit via the original connection block. There's also a microphone cable that runs up to a position in the interior light switch unit. 

I am left with a twisted pair (can + & can -), a red and a brown wire.

Can anyone help me with where to solder in the twisted pair and the two spare wires which I know are power related,  but I need to verify exactly what they are. 

Thanks for your help folks. 

Screenshot_20210821-031911_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210821-031853_eBay.jpg

depends where you want to connect it

You need to find Orange and Purple & Orange and Brown twisted wires,

Either on the radio plug, MDI if you have it or the CAN gateway

Red wire will be a permanent live, if you look at the sticker on the Columbus it will show you the pin outs for the Quadlock.

You probably will find that the Green plug might not fit in your quadlock. depending what version of quadlock you have.

Also don't expect too much from the 1K8 bluetooth, it is the most basic unit

Hi Eddie,

very kind of you to assist,  the Bluetooth unit is a 5K0035730D  is it any good?

The green connector went in OK and I soldered the can wires into the twisted pair coming out of the quad connector,  that went OK.

I picked up a permanent live from the radio supply,  again all good.

My only unknown now is the brown wire,  I have been told its an earth, but also after second power,  can you advise on that one please?

Thanks for your help.

Replying to my own post incase anyone else needs it, the brown wire is an earth.

All up and running, working fine and thanks to all who helped me.  I saved a bunch of cash which is always nice.