Scala Accelerator Pedal Sticking

Paulwal

Hello

The accelerator pedal on my UK Scala SE L seems to stick when it's pushed to the floor. The best way to describe it is the accelerator pedal is smooth until it has reached the floor, but when reached, it can be pressed a little more as though there's an extra push available.

Is this normal or does it seem like a fault? It can be tested when the car is parked with the ignition switched off by pressing down the accelerator with your hand.

Thanks,

No idea.

but if it reaches the floor are you saying it can push further into the carpet and underlay.

Or it is nearly at the floor then goes more with force?

What engine & what gearbox, manual or a DSG?

?

How is it when driving, have you had it flat out with the accelerator to the floor?   Pedal to the metal!

Just now, e-Roottoot said:

No idea.

but if it reaches the floor are you saying it can push further into the carpet and underlay.

Or it is nearly at the floor then goes more with force?

What engine & what gearbox, manual or a DSG?

?

How is it when driving, have you had it flat out with the accelerator to the floor?   Pedal to the metal!

It doesn't go into the carpet/floor, it's as though it feels like it's reached its max press but then it goes a little further to reach the floor.

I noticed it when overtaking on a motorway, other than needing to overtake at speed or drop a gear, it's not something that I notice when driving around town. 

It's the manual 1.5 petrol engine.

Cheers

12 hours ago, Wiegott said:

Is it something like ”kickdown” on automatics? Maybe they do it same for manuals just cost cut to not need to do two types? 

My dad mentioned this but we didn't know the technical term but he did describe the issue i'm having. I'll look it up and see what I can find. Thanks 😊 

Its same as other VAG group cars, the Leon I had previously has this and it is supposed to cut out things that are causing slow accelertion like aircon, cuts it out and tells it you want full power, thought it was something strange when I came across it im my old Leon but thats what it does.

9 hours ago, simountain2 said:

Its same as other VAG group cars, the Leon I had previously has this and it is supposed to cut out things that are causing slow accelertion like aircon, cuts it out and tells it you want full power, thought it was something strange when I came across it im my old Leon but thats what it does.

Thanks. It definitely sounds intentional in that case.

• 2 months later...