Parts interchangability between Kushaq (India) and Kamiq

DesiDogra

Hi there everyone !

I recently became a Skoda owner !  I currently live in India and just today booked my very first car (and first ever Skoda car) - The 1.5L TSI Kushaq. Most (if not all) of you would not have heard of the this model because this is an India specific model that is based on the Kamiq. In terms of looks , dimensions and engine options they are ALMOST the same. Attaching link to the official website page of Kushaq ( here. )  While Kushaq is a fantastic car to drive there are two things that I wish to improve-

1) It does not come with a underbody sumpguard ( attached image here ) which is a problem on the less that ideal roads I drive on and I am worried about some stray stone damaging the costly Czech machinery. Unfortunately a guard isnt being offered as a accessory by Skoda, yet. Based on my research I have come across a sumpguard for the Kamiq sold in the UK ( link here).  My plan is to order it to India and then install it on my Kushaq. My concern is that while Kamiq is based on the MQB A0 platform , Kushaq is based on the MQB A0 IN platform- a India specific platform based on the MQB A0.  Would appreciate guidance on how to check if the  Kamiq's guard will fit on Kushaq or not ?

2) Kushaq does not come with underhood engine insulation ( attached image here ) . While the engine is pretty quiet and the overall sound insulation in cabin is decent adding an engine insulation would help decrease the engine sound at higher revs.  I was wondering if Kamiq's engine insulation cover would fit here ? Would again need some guidance on how to check if the part would be a good match /installable on Kushaq, and if they are where do I buy this since its not available on any website in India.

Hoping to learn from the experienced folks and would try to contribute to the forum from India. Cheers !

AG

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

What we will know here will be able to come from you and anyone else with one.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/489727-skoda-kushaq

PS.

Re the Sump Guards from Romania.   

I seem to remember the person involved was a member on Briskoda.

EDIT, 

Here. @sumpguard

If they get an alert then maybe they will look here. 

If not manufacturers in the UK maybe best getting it direct.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 16.50.35.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

Maybe best checking with other hotter world regions about under bonnet noise insulation on their 1.5 TSI models.

Maybe Skoda India decided that the noise was not the most important thing and neither was keeping heat under the bonnet and getting heat out was more important.

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

Welcome to the forum.

What we will know here will be able to come from you and anyone else with one.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/489727-skoda-kushaq

PS.

Re the Sump Guards from Romania.   

I seem to remember the person involved was a member on Briskoda.

EDIT, 

Here. @sumpguard

If they get an alert then maybe they will look here. 

If not manufacturers in the UK maybe best getting it direct.

Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 16.50.35.jpg

Unfortunately sumpguard's official profile was last logged in, in 2018 (as per what is displayed on their page) so cant ask them. Was wondering if some experienced member could guide me on what measurements /info to check on Kushaq's chassis with respect to KAmiq's sumpguard's mounting points.

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

There may be an underbonnet insulation moulding for the diesel variants if there are any?

Sadly no diesel variant was launched for the Kushaq. If I am not mistaken even the Kamiq doesnt come with a diesel engine in EU.

1 hour ago, e-Roottoot said:

Maybe best checking with other hotter world regions about under bonnet noise insulation on their 1.5 TSI models.

Maybe Skoda India decided that the noise was not the most important thing and neither was keeping heat under the bonnet and getting heat out was more important.

Now that you point it out it does seem like a possibility. Guess for now I'll out the insulation idea on hold until I have more info. But I would still like to go for the underbody protection/sumpguard.

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

@sumpguardmight get alerts that they have been mentioned and post again.

But you have the contact details for Romania & the UK.  

https://www.sump-guard.co.uk/contact-us

Roger that . I'll send them a mail and will try to reach them over a call as well.  Will update progress, if any, here.

On 22/08/2021 at 22:22, olderman1 said:

There is a 1.6L diesel variant available over here.

The Kamiq did have a diesel option, but was dropped.

A few may have lingered on in showrooms.

The whole VW group has dropped diesels on smaller and mid size cars, VW abandoned its development of a replacement for the 1.6 Diesel engine, but continue to sell the old design in low power versions of bigger cars and SUVs

10 minutes ago, SurreyJohn said:

The Kamiq did have a diesel option, but was dropped.

A few may have lingered on in showrooms.

The whole VW group has dropped diesels on smaller and mid size cars, VW abandoned its development of a replacement for the 1.6 Diesel engine, but continue to sell the old design in low power versions of bigger cars and SUVs

I didn't realise that, thankyou.