Spontaneous fuel leak

Good morning all. 

I have a mk3 sportline plus 272, its now 2 months old, with 760 miles on it... Still running in...😴. she's kept under cover, so im not exactly mistreating her.. 

I last drove her on Saturday before last as I was at Bovington this weekend.

Yesterday afternoon,  she developed a fuel leak down through the rear offside, behind the rear wheel. The fuel tank was only about 60% full and it was only 26 degrees outside, its been warmer.

Thankfully the local dealer was still open, so now I'm awaiting their call.. 

Reading this post leaves me disappointed (and concerned) in Skoda and their R&D - the Superb 280 fuel smell/leak has been a topic on here for many years - you’d have thought they would be on top of this by now………..

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Reading this post leaves me disappointed (and concerned) in Skoda and their R&D - the Superb 280 fuel smell/leak has been a topic on here for many years - you’d have thought they would be on top of this by now………..

Thanks for the heads up, I've read the most recent thread on this and advised my dealer, who at the time of calling couldn't locate the leak.... it probably having stopped and the fuel evaporated.... 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...