VAG COM Newbie - Shropshire

jos

Well I installed the software and connected my freshly purchased cable to the laptop & car, switched it on, configured the port, tested it, searched for error codes, and there was only 1. Boo hoo sob sob. I was wanting the coil pack error code to show up.

I guess I'm sad wanting error codes to show up and being cross that they didnt. Ah well I guess it means that i need my MAF (te he, not MUFF) looking at, and throttle body plenum looking at both jobs I much rather a garage did for me.

If anybody needs VAG COM in Shropshire or surrounding area then give me a shout and hopefully we'll be able to hook up.

It was the standard 17978 engine start blocked by immobiliser

I take it that this means that the engines not running which is absoloutely right - but nothing to worry about

I have added my details too.

Thats not really what it means. Even if the engine is not running when you search for fault codes there will be none on a "clean" engine.

Obviously at some point in the past, someone has tried to start the car with the key in the ignition but the imobiliser has prevented it from starting. Nothing to worry about.

If that is the only fault code you have, why are you considering looking at the MAF etc.? A faulty MAF would normally log a code for the engine running too lean or too rich. A throttle body error would have a similar fault logged.

Well I installed the software and connected my freshly purchased cable to the laptop & car, switched it on, configured the port, tested it, searched for error codes, and there was only 1. Boo hoo sob sob. I was wanting the coil pack error code to show up.

Glad you have it all working ok :thumbup:

I'm experience un even power delivery and believe it to be attributed to one of three things,

lazy MAF, clogged plenum, or coil packs. As Ive now eliminated coil packs (even though I know theyre the wrong type) as far as I can from the equation, I'm happy to give her to the pros for further investigation

• 5 weeks later...

Well the garage has just given her back to me having had the 17978 code remedied. They say my jolting power should be cleared now. We'll see.

Got antihijacking activated too now, although it doesnt auto unlock - will try and get that sorted

AUTO-LOCK is Channel 3 and AUTO-UNLOCK is Channel 4 in 46 - CENTRAL CONV - ADAPTATION - 10. Takes seconds to change.

:confused:

It might be stupid but were is the socket to plug in Vag-com or similar equipment,I have a fault light showing on the engine management It might be stupid but were is the socket to plug in Vag-com or similar equipment,FABIA SALOON I have a fault light showing on the engine management system a friend said he may be able to read it and reset with some snap-on unit which may or may not work,If not looks like buying a laptop,a lead and downloading Vag-com shareware:confused:

In my PD100 (well PD135 now really) estate it is behind the little glove compartment next to your right knee. Give it a wiggle and a tug and you can see the socket easily. It's the one with the pen holder thingy in it. Bob.

• 4 years later...