Approved Skoda - Oil Service required after 8 months and 6000 miles

Folks

Looking for some opinions/advice about my Superb. As as above bought it in February with 65000 on the clock (its a 65 plate) and have done about 6000 miles. Just had the oil service warning come on. I would have thought that as an approved car it would have had a full service before sale. I am assuming (it has full Skoda service history) that the oil has not been done at point of sale to me and just left on its normal service schedule. 

Do you think I should be asking for a free oil change or would it be reasonable for them to just argue that is when it is due?

Regards

If a service was due in next few weeks after purchasing, then reasonable to expect it.

If it was due 8 months after sale, then might have only been done 4 months before so no (but should still have had a visual inspection).  I suspect had it been done, the purchase price would have gone up by say £100 so you haven’t really lost out.

However it would now be completely reasonable to pop into a dealer, explain you bought it 8 months ago, and could they print a copy of full service history as you want to know what might be due.  

This is one of the disadvantages of electronic service records, if seller doesn’t provide a printout, you are in dark as to what has / hasn’t been done, and what is due when.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Like 1

Had the same issue when I bought mine. There is a condition whereby if it is a due a service within 3000km (or something) at date of sale they will do a service, if not then they will leave it and it will run as per the service requirement of the car.  BMW and others do this too.